Overdone shar-peis

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Some of those Dosas on the link Moth posted are ok looking, but others just look like red Neos. :(

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Bingo! :eek: I forgoten that I did took pics of the pei months ago (not in the last show) they are blurry but you can see the giant throw rug wrinkle over the right shoulder I was saying, as well the hocks:

Wow that poor guy has a lot of extra skin... I wonder if he/she has any of the possible associated health problems. Is this dog being bred?

Wow that poor guy has a lot of extra skin... I wonder if he/she has any of the possible associated health problems. Is this dog being bred?
Agree looks like the poor girl it's suffering a lot, I'm not sure if she has being bred but the owners were most likely tricked by a miller, they did said it's their first dog and they very naive about dog breeds and showing.

Hopefully a judge could talk to them, so they can realise about millers/pet shops , and take a good road :)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Agree looks like the poor girl it's suffering a lot, I'm not sure if she has being bred but the owners were most likely tricked by a miller, they did said it's their first dog and they very naive about dog breeds and showing.

Hopefully a judge could talk to them, so they can realise about millers/pet shops , and take a good road :)
If you run into them again and if they are interested tell them that the shar pei online forum is a good place to learn from other pei owners about the potential illnesses this breed can face.

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/

This is one very nice thing about the people I have met that own peis we all try to work together to improve the lives of our peibys together.

So if they should need more information there is help to be had.

^^ wow such a pretty dog, he looks agile :)

If you run into them again and if they are interested tell them that the shar pei online forum is a good place to learn from other pei owners about the potential illnesses this breed can face.

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/

This is one very nice thing about the people I have met that own peis we all try to work together to improve the lives of our peibys together.

So if they should need more information there is help to be had.
Thanks for all your help, even if there's nothing that can be done to this dog at least we tried and can be helpful for a next case, I'm too shy sometimes and afraid to talk to someone I just met >->

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Thanks for all your help, even if there's nothing that can be done to this dog at least we tried and can be helpful for a next case, I'm too shy sometimes and afraid to talk to someone I just met >->
No problem. I hate to see any dog struggle. Hopefully they will consult someone and the pei will at least get enough help to be able to function and move like the happy little dog she should be :)

I am pretty sure that a vet with experience in the breed to at least think of something to try for her.

Members online

No members online now.