The Venting Thread

I'd weigh up what you'd lose vs what you'd gain and use that to make your decision about telling.

Sounds like you'd gain more than you'd lose.
My marriage vs her marriage ill pick mine as more important. I'm pissed that she is doing this while planning her wedding, but if I told hubby would be in a very bad spot and that would cause a huge problem for us.

He is a special person and the more o e refuses the more he shows.

Except to me he knows damned well what I think and we have come to a agreement, I don't like him and he knows better then to try and show me because he is likely to get a dick punch.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
He is a special person and the more o e refuses the more he shows.

Except to me he knows damned well what I think and we have come to a agreement, I don't like him and he knows better then to try and show me because he is likely to get a dick punch.
Meh I say let it be with those two ... (Your hubs single friend & this girl I mean) & I would say to my hubby that I don't want to see the texts he sends, & if hubby's friend make you that mad then just simply refue to associate with him.

Saeleofu

This happened.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.553809211318631.1073741839.155254387840784&type=1

I am disgusted, angry, and almost in tears over this. I was still considering Bergin for grad school. Now it is obviously out of the running. I was actually starting to regret not going there earlier, but now I have NO regrets and am actually happy I didn't go. I'm still very disappointed in them, though. This is NOT COOL. If I was going there, there is every chance I'd have dropped out when this happened. No ****ing way do I want ANYTHING to do with that man and his abomination of an "SD." :wall: :wall: :wall:

Saeleofu

I can understand not liking the man ... (Tho he really isn't "that bad" IMHO he is evolving at least) but boycott an entire otherwise good college just for this ? Is kind of petty
The school has been going downhill in the last year or so, unfortunately. This is just the last straw for me. It's also a big deal because he's the EXACT opposite of the school's philosophy. Bergin is supposed to be no force, no aversives, positive reinforcement. I would be more understanding if they hadn't given him a degree. There's having a guest speaker with a controversial view point, and then there's selling out to publicity. This appears to be the latter.

I've heard first-hand account that the dog's behavior was less than stellar, and even fearful at time. That's not okay. Plus the whole fake certification thing, when a freaking SERVICE DOG SCHOOL should know better.

It's all around a terrible decision on the school's part, and I will no longer support them. That is MY choice and I really don't give two shits if you think it's petty. I also won't buy from Build-a-Bear due to their support of Autism Speaks. My money, my choice. I'll be better off pursing a non-dog-specific degree, such as straight up Animal Behavior or Zoology, with a university that is more concerned with education than reality television. Getting a Master's degree is a HUGE financial investment, and if I'm not comfortable with a school I WILL NOT give them my money.

At this point, I'd also like to point out that this is a VENTING thread. Not a pick-apart-everyone's-vent-and-make-them-more-angry thread.

Saeleofu

He is, does Cesar have PTSD? Or can anyone have a dog certified for PTSD and take them anywhere with them, even if they don't suffer from PTSD? This is what I'm confused about, that's all.
If the dog is a PTSD service dog, and it is his dog, then he has to be the one with PTSD. Otherwise it's not a service dog, regardless of how well or poorly it's trained. A service dog is ONLY a service dog when it is individually task-trained to mitigate its owner/handler's disability (and therefore the handler must be disabled...not just diagnosed with something, but disabled by it). If he were to take the dog to visit OTHER people with PTSD instead, it would be a therapy dog, not a service dog. Therapy dogs visit schools, nursing homes, hospitals, libraries, etc with their handlers to provide comfort to other people.

The school has been going downhill in the last year or so, unfortunately. This is just the last straw for me. It's also a big deal because he's the EXACT opposite of the school's philosophy. Bergin is supposed to be no force, no aversives, positive reinforcement. I would be more understanding if they hadn't given him a degree. There's having a guest speaker with a controversial view point, and then there's selling out to publicity. This appears to be the latter.

I've heard first-hand account that the dog's behavior was less than stellar, and even fearful at time. That's not okay. Plus the whole fake certification thing, when a freaking SERVICE DOG SCHOOL should know better.

It's all around a terrible decision on the school's part, and I will no longer support them. That is MY choice and I really don't give two shits if you think it's petty. I also won't buy from Build-a-Bear due to their support of Autism Speaks. My money, my choice. I'll be better off pursing a non-dog-specific degree, such as straight up Animal Behavior or Zoology, with a university that is more concerned with education than reality television. Getting a Master's degree is a HUGE financial investment, and if I'm not comfortable with a school I WILL NOT give them my money.

At this point, I'd also like to point out that this is a VENTING thread. Not a pick-apart-everyone's-vent-and-make-them-more-angry thread.
I don't shop at Lush because of there ban the oil sands campaign so i can understand this.

GipsyQueen

Our pipe burst yesterday. :eek: On a gosh darn Holiday. :nono:

My parent's were at our Apartment to pick something up and we were going to follow them home for easter. I walked through the hallways and heard water. Well. The neighbours above us were taking a shower, and their shower water came out of our sink (which was over flowing.):yikes:
Basement was full of water as well.
We had to call the emergency plumber (sigh. At least we are living in a rental, it's going to cost about 1000€) who told us the pipe burst because it was rusty and old (like 60 years old -.- ).
So now we are getting new pipes and no one is allowed to take a shower until they do. Yay.
At least the guest bathroom is free to use. :rolleyes:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm having major puppy doubts.

"OMG, I'm crazy for wanting a puppy!"
"OMG, I'm crazy for wanting an active, large breed puppy!"
"What if I picked the wrong breed?!"
"What if I get the puppy home and everything goes to hell in a handbasket?!"
"What if the breeding doesn't take?"
"What if there isn't a male puppy?"
"What if I don't have the money?"

GO AWAY PUPPY DOUBTS! HURRY UP PUPPY!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

I am not "picking apart" anything. I was merely forming an opinion. Though it seems if someone questions your view in order to better understand it better you get really upset, something I do not understand . It seems as though your posts always have an "edge" to them... Just saying.

I am not trying to belittle you or pick apart anything I was just curious if he was the only reason you vetoed an otherwise good school, the variable of other things factoring into your decision was all I was inquiring about.

Geeze overly sensitive people ... That's is my vent for today, folks who bite people's heads off if they so much as having a differing opinion or question their view or decisions.

Also I had to clean up diarrhea from a dog at 2 am this morning & once they were able to go outside I had to bathe her because the poop was matter in her fur ... Ugh.

Airn

I am not "picking apart" anything. I was merely forming an opinion. Though it seems if someone questions your view in order to better understand it better you get really upset, something I do not understand . It seems as though your posts always have an "edge" to them... Just saying.

I am not trying to belittle you or pick apart anything I was just curious if he was the only reason you vetoed an otherwise good school, the variable of other things factoring into your decision was all I was inquiring about.

Geeze overly sensitive people ... That's is my vent for today, folks who bite people's heads off if they so much as having a differing opinion or question their view or decisions.

Also I had to clean up diarrhea from a dog at 2 am this morning & once they were able to go outside I had to bathe her because the poop was matter in her fur ... Ugh.
Are you serious? She's annoyed/disappointed that her school of choice chose to support and endorse someone who seems to be the exact opposite of what the school teaches and why Sael wanted to go there in the first place.

Maybe if you weren't you, Sael wouldn't have gotten so 'overly sensitive' about your reply. But, that's not the case. Sael also was VENTING.

Calling someone 'petty' for something like that is ridiculous. You CAN have your opinions but you don't get to throw your's around. I can't speak for Sael but I'm pretty sure she doesn't get a rat's ass about what you think about CM or her reasons for disliking him.

She wasn't asking for advice. And btw, you didn't 'question her view'. You called her view petty. This has been said again and again. Maybe if you took time to construct your posts into a less offensive and ignorant manner, you wouldn't have people getting offended and wanting to 'bite your head off'. If you want to be taken seriously and not misunderstood, you would work on that. But I think you don't really care or you're lazy. But I'm sure you'll give some great excuses.

And if Sael disagrees with me, I'll be more than happy to retract most of what I said.

Sael, that sucks that your go to college isn't what you wanted it to be.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't wanna shower or do anything but I have to go to agility class. Something must be wrong if I'm having to drag myself to agility class.

Members online

No members online now.