The Venting Thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
So, I've been suffering from tailbone pain for quite some time now....here in the past 2 months it's shifted from just being some mild pain when I sit for too long or move a certain way to pain in my lower back, hips, and tailbone pretty much constantly, with certain positions or movements sending the pain to excruciating levels, even with the aide of ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer.

I finally went and saw a chiropractor yesterday. She did an exam and took some xrays...the very general obvious bit is that I have marked scoliosis in my lumbar back. Its affecting the leveling of my hips so one is slightly higher than the other. But how severe it is, how my tailbone comes in to play, or what is needed to correct the issue is still uncertain...I have to go in for a further consult next week to go over things and find out more.

This sucks. And I still hurt. I've switched from ibuprofen to Aleve and I'm more comfortable (aka, I only woke up twice last night due to pain vs waking up and being unable to go back to sleep due to intense pain that makes me want to cry), but I still just hurt. I'm tired of hurting. This sucks.

Michiyo-Fir

So, I've been suffering from tailbone pain for quite some time now....here in the past 2 months it's shifted from just being some mild pain when I sit for too long or move a certain way to pain in my lower back, hips, and tailbone pretty much constantly, with certain positions or movements sending the pain to excruciating levels, even with the aide of ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer.

I finally went and saw a chiropractor yesterday. She did an exam and took some xrays...the very general obvious bit is that I have marked scoliosis in my lumbar back. Its affecting the leveling of my hips so one is slightly higher than the other. But how severe it is, how my tailbone comes in to play, or what is needed to correct the issue is still uncertain...I have to go in for a further consult next week to go over things and find out more.

This sucks. And I still hurt. I've switched from ibuprofen to Aleve and I'm more comfortable (aka, I only woke up twice last night due to pain vs waking up and being unable to go back to sleep due to intense pain that makes me want to cry), but I still just hurt. I'm tired of hurting. This sucks.
I don't know whereabouts you're located but it might be worthwhile to try a type of physiotherapy called IMS (intramuscular stimulation). I have a lot of back problems from a severely herniated disk and my cousin had a lot of back pain from a fractured tail bone a while back and IMS was able to help us a lot.

It's pretty important to find someone that's using an aggressive form of IMS for treatment though. A lot of clinics say they do it, but then only give you 5-10 needles worth of adjustments whereas the clinic I go to gives you approximately 100 needles per session to adjust the muscles that are causing pain.

It might be worth a try to see if there are any clinics in your area that do this. Back pain is always the worst, I've been out for weeks at a time, unable to even get out of bed with high power pain killers like Tramadol. I hope you feel better soon!

*blackrose

I don't know whereabouts you're located but it might be worthwhile to try a type of physiotherapy called IMS (intramuscular stimulation). I have a lot of back problems from a severely herniated disk and my cousin had a lot of back pain from a fractured tail bone a while back and IMS was able to help us a lot.

It's pretty important to find someone that's using an aggressive form of IMS for treatment though. A lot of clinics say they do it, but then only give you 5-10 needles worth of adjustments whereas the clinic I go to gives you approximately 100 needles per session to adjust the muscles that are causing pain.

It might be worth a try to see if there are any clinics in your area that do this. Back pain is always the worst, I've been out for weeks at a time, unable to even get out of bed with high power pain killers like Tramadol. I hope you feel better soon!
I had a session before I left the office yesterday and it felt sooooooo gooooood while it was being done, but the effects pretty much faded on the drive home. I'll learn more on Wednesday about what my treatment plan will be, but I'm sure that will be involved. I only had four little sticky pads on my back when I did the session, but my target area is also very small.

Michiyo-Fir

I had a session before I left the office yesterday and it felt sooooooo gooooood while it was being done, but the effects pretty much faded on the drive home. I'll learn more on Wednesday about what my treatment plan will be, but I'm sure that will be involved. I only had four little sticky pads on my back when I did the session, but my target area is also very small.
Did you get needles before they put on the sticky pads?

The needles are the most important part, but unfortunately most IMS practitioners use a very very conservative method that treats very few muscles on your body. An aggressive form literally will involve stimulation using about 100 insertion points per session, even for a small area such as a sore muscle on the side of the neck. My aunt had some neck pain and our physiotherapist did about 100 insertions around the shoulders back and neck to resolve the tension.

Maybe a few more sessions would help. Usually I feel really good for the first 2-3 days after the treatment and then it subsides. I was being treated twice a week for 5 sessions and that pretty much fixed my chronic pain.

thehoundgirl

I have lumbar scoliosis as well and it is very painful. I usually take ibuprofen when it flares up. You may or not be able to get fitted for a brace.. I was never fitted for one because it would just slide off (I went to Shriner's Hospital twice and they couldn't fit me for one) so I am not sure a brace will be successful for you either. :(

I basically just deal with it. But hopefully they can help control the pain. Muscle relaxers really aren't going to help the condition. Scoliosis sucks. My friend who has it worse than me had been going to the chiropractor but it can get expensive. It helps her but her scoliosis is worse than mine.

Good luck with getting treatment scoliosis is no fun. I've known about mine since I was 9 years old and sitting on plain chairs like a desk in school really bothered my tailbone as well. I feel your pain.. literally. Mine is worse in the winter and I go swimming a few times a week as what my doctor recommended and it really helps.

I am not sure if you have a YMCA in your area but swimming is worth looking into to minimize pain. It helps mine a lot. Exercise is really good if you don't have time for swimming... I heard yoga helps as well but I can't do it I'm not that flexible.

Last edited:

milos_mommy

I wish someone told me about IMS a long time ago, I'm going to seriously look into this, although I doubt they will do it during pregnancy.

Another vent - friend is posting all over social media about how shocked and blindsided and distraught she is that she caught her BF cheating. The dude quite literally has a tattoo above his crotch that says "f*** b******". Sorry, but if you're actually surprised you are the only one.

*blackrose

I'm really hoping there is something else going on that's causing this amount of pain other than the scoliosis. If my pain meds wear off during the night, I wake up in so much pain. I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep until my pain med kicked back in (which took about an hour of agony) Turning my head to look over my shoulder sends shooting pain up my spine. Sneezing about kills me. O can't even bend over to pick things up off the floor without it hurting too bad. This is majorly affecting my quality of life. I don't ever not hurt. Ever. Here recently it's been bad enough where I either want to cry or curse - and some times I do. I switched from ibuprofen to aleve and it helps much more, but even taking it every 8 hours isn't enough to make me pain free. And I can't stay on NSAIDs if I want to have a baby. This sucks.

I go in tomorrow to speak with the docotor about my treatment plan...hopefully there is something we can fix because I can't live like this.

joce

I had a friend that had a giant access on their tailbone. It reoccurred several times after being drained and had to be surgically removed eventually.

I'm not sure if they had to do an MRI to find it or if it popped on it's own. Also know people with more internal hemmoroid pain that can be unbearable. I was screwing around when I was like fourteen and dr said that's what happened to me. Horrible pain. Just rolling on edge of bed would be excruciating. Ended up hurting my neck and back because I overcompensated everywhere else.

I hope you get some relief!

Samsonyte!

Dumb rant sorry but.

I absolutely cannot stand my neighbor. He seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that there are people living around him and just constantly makes a ton of noise. He has a super loud car, I am a huge fan of cars, especially noisy ones, I can appreciate that. But dude you do not need to be revving your engine in your garage at two in the morning every night for 20 minutes straight. He smokes weed constantly, again, not a thing I have a problem with, except my room is directly above his yard and the smell makes me sick, and weed increases my anxiety so I really wish he'd do it inside his house or somewhere else. Today he's been blasting music since 8am. It's a sunday, people are trying to sleep. 8 am isn't insanely early but given that you were also blasting music until two in the morning last night it'd be cool if you held off a little bit. The worst part though is his dog. He leaves it outside all day and it barks at any noise it hears and once something sets it off it just carries on for what seems like ever. On the rare occasion he does decide to do something it involves screaming at the dog which just makes it worse. And it tries to fence fight with Sam and Wilson constantly. We have a privacy fence and anytime they're outside it's snarling and screaming and throwing itself at the fence. I honestly feel bad for the dog but yeah just kinda done with this guy.

*end rant*

milos_mommy

Would you be able to talk to him about it? Maybe he is actually oblivious and doesn't realize you can hear it so loud. Just say "hey, I'm not sure if you've realized but the past few nights I can hear your music playing loudly, maybe you can try to keep it at a lower volume during work days??" Or something?

Or if you don't want to do that, file a noise complaint with the cops (but don't try the first and then do the second right away if he doesn't because he'll know it's you).

Other than that...white noise machine to drown it out?

I am moving to my BF's hometown (tiny farming town, half the population's on welfare/unemployment, every year more businesses are biting the dust, basically a dead end place) because we have been together 4 years almost exclusively long-distance and I just can't do it anymore. I have no job lined up yet and none of my own friends there - I'm doing this solely to be with him.

And he won't move out of his mom's house to get a place with me. What. Like I get having no bills and having someone do your laundry and make your meals is nice and comfortable, but he's 27. We've lived together twice before in brief 5 month stints so it's not like that will be the plunge. This hurts. And also seems absurd. I feel like if he can't make this tiny sacrifice (he has a steady, well paying job and rent is CHEAP in this town), what else won't he do for me.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Dumb rant sorry but.

I absolutely cannot stand my neighbor. He seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that there are people living around him and just constantly makes a ton of noise. He has a super loud car, I am a huge fan of cars, especially noisy ones, I can appreciate that. But dude you do not need to be revving your engine in your garage at two in the morning every night for 20 minutes straight. He smokes weed constantly, again, not a thing I have a problem with, except my room is directly above his yard and the smell makes me sick, and weed increases my anxiety so I really wish he'd do it inside his house or somewhere else. Today he's been blasting music since 8am. It's a sunday, people are trying to sleep. 8 am isn't insanely early but given that you were also blasting music until two in the morning last night it'd be cool if you held off a little bit. The worst part though is his dog. He leaves it outside all day and it barks at any noise it hears and once something sets it off it just carries on for what seems like ever. On the rare occasion he does decide to do something it involves screaming at the dog which just makes it worse. And it tries to fence fight with Sam and Wilson constantly. We have a privacy fence and anytime they're outside it's snarling and screaming and throwing itself at the fence. I honestly feel bad for the dog but yeah just kinda done with this guy.

*end rant*
UGH I am sorry you have to deal with that, I am a smoker (cigarettes and cigars, not weed LOL) and even 2nd hand smoke for me irritates my sinuses, I dont smoke in public or even in my car because I cant stand the stale smoke smell LOL.

Maybe turn him in? tell the police he is in possession of an illegal substance LOL that might get them to take it seriously.

I feel you though, our neighbors are pretty good, but we live right off a busy road and people always go by with those stereos thumping rap bass ... now I like loud music and all but come on, there is no need to have it so loud that I can hear it in my bedroom 1/4 of a mile from the road!

Samsonyte!

UGH I am sorry you have to deal with that, I am a smoker (cigarettes and cigars, not weed LOL) and even 2nd hand smoke for me irritates my sinuses, I dont smoke in public or even in my car because I cant stand the stale smoke smell LOL.

Maybe turn him in? tell the police he is in possession of an illegal substance LOL that might get them to take it seriously.

I feel you though, our neighbors are pretty good, but we live right off a busy road and people always go by with those stereos thumping rap bass ... now I like loud music and all but come on, there is no need to have it so loud that I can hear it in my bedroom 1/4 of a mile from the road!
Lol I live in Washington so what he's doing is technically legal since he's on his property, just irritating in the same sense as someone smoking a cigarette near someone who doesn't want to be around cigarette smoking. My mom has talked to him regarding the dog but he hasn't done anything except he now screams at the dog if it barks for more than five minutes straight. I don't know. I hate confrontation but I'd rather talk to him first before going straight to the cops or the HOA.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Had a gastro/colonoscopy done today. Stopped eating about 40 hours before the procedure....On a regular day I eat like every few hours.
Basically wrote off 2 whole days because since I just don't function without food.

All I wanted afterward was a chicken caesar wrap from a local place. I was too out of it to specify and my dad got one from Pita Pit - which I can't figure out why, but they manage to make the worst chicken caesar wrap ever.

Oh and the guy I've been talking to for the past few weeks is incredibly sick and I feel bad for him, but it's too soon that I can't just stop by and hang out with him and feel gross together lol.

/petty day rant

Lol I live in Washington so what he's doing is technically legal since he's on his property, just irritating in the same sense as someone smoking a cigarette near someone who doesn't want to be around cigarette smoking. My mom has talked to him regarding the dog but he hasn't done anything except he now screams at the dog if it barks for more than five minutes straight. I don't know. I hate confrontation but I'd rather talk to him first before going straight to the cops or the HOA.
There is a limit to how much smoke can escape his property. So call the city, they'll send someone, and it will almost invariably not be enough for charges, but someone going around with a smoke meter might catch his attention.

*blackrose

Oh. My God. Who wants a cat, two dogs, and three puppies?????!?

I am going to kill everyone but Histamine. She has been the only good one, and it's only 6am. I got almost NO sleep last night. AaaaaAAAAAARRRrrrgh!

**** cat is sleeping in my office from now on. He was the root of all of the issues last night.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
AHHHHHH! ****ity **** ****. **** **** **** **** ****sucker mother****er **** fart turd and ****!

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
You know the kind of people who abruptly abandons their friends/"changes" friends? Almost like they got bored of the last friend? It is not good and grosses me out... at the same time, it makes me laugh, because they are such terrible and abnormal people.

Members online

No members online now.