Obama/Biden versus Romney/Ryan?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
They must have a moral character that agrees with mine.
Not to reopen the gay marriage thing, especially because puck is a big boy and can fight his own battles, but this is EXACTLY the gist what he's been saying. He got taken to task for that very thing.

Lyzelle

If it took 4 years for Obama to get control of the White House he needs to go. He started out with a Dem majority.
But it only lasted a few months. After that, it was all Reps until recently. It takes longer than a few months to push things through House and Senate, but that's why he was like an energizer bunny at the beginning. He knew he had to TRY and get things done before they started stonewalling him.

Also agree with Greenmagick.

Lyzelle

Economy is on a fixed curve anyhow. Has been since the beginning of economics. You can't change it. One of the first things you learn in Economics 101.

More important is HOW the money is being spent.

Here is a list of campaign promises broken, its half the size of campaign promises kept. Some of them are things he TRIED to do...like work together across the aisle. Honestly, that was one thing I was most annoyed by in the beginning....he kept TRYING to compromise and work together but was being totally stonewalled. I wish he wouldve just said F it.

A couple things from the list that stand out

Repeal DOMA

Close Guantanamo

Expand Anti-Discrimination in the work place to include sexual orientation and gender identity

Increase minimum wage to $9.50

Sign Freedom of Choice Act

and there are more.

The point is, I am not "blindly" supporting Obama. I am fully aware of issues I agree with him on, issues disagree on, and what he has and has not gotten done. But I have been hearing a LOT of "Oh, he didnt get anything done, he broke all his promises" and on and on.....its just simply NOT true at all.

Just got done with 2016 Obama's America. I havent voted for a main party candidate in over 10 years, Im voting Romney. To me it isnt worth the risk of a Obama second term.

A lot of good back ground on Obama with this documentary.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Just got done with 2016 Obama's America. I havent voted for a main party candidate in over 10 years, Im voting Romney. To me it isnt worth the risk of a Obama second term.

A lot of good back ground on Obama with this documentary.

I'm sure it's a very factual movie. I've heard all sorts of <cough> unbelievable claims from it.

RBark

Got Floof?
Watching "2016: Obama's America" for a factual and accurate representation of Obama is like watching, well, anything by Michael Moore for a factual anything about any Republican.

Ive listened to Dreams From My Father, long before the documentary came out. The documentary touches and matches much of what was in Obama's book. Like I said Im open minded, at least I look at both sides and make up my own mind.

RBark, MM flat out makes things up. Dinesh D’Souza used Obama's books and other writings as the basis for the documentary. YMMV.

Barbara!

There is no such thing as being open minded, IMO. To be open minded means to have no conviction in your own beliefs.

I have my core beliefs, but I am willing to listen, consider the beliefs of others, and possibly change my stance on any given issue.

Now Im not open minded on every issue however. I am anti abortion yet I am not religious and I dont think it should be illegal. Im against gay marriage, but I am against .gov sponsored marriage straight and gay. Im for green energy but I dont think it is ready yet, and I think it has cost us Americans too much at this juncture. Im pro mineral development because green energy needs it at this point in development. Im pro driving yet I would support pro mass transit and alternate transportation if they didnt sh!t on car owners and could make rural living cost effective. I am unabashedly pro 2nd Amendment. I like Freedom, and Freedom of choice. Not Free as in Free beer but free as in choice.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
There is no such thing as being open minded, IMO. To be open minded means to have no conviction in your own beliefs.
This I don't agree with. To be open minded means that while you have your beliefs, you are open to learning and change. To blindly stick to your beliefs despite all the information out there is the reason the two party system is such a mess.

SkyRock

I have my core beliefs, but I am willing to listen, consider the beliefs of others, and possibly change my stance on any given issue.

Now Im not open minded on every issue however. I am anti abortion yet I am not religious and I dont think it should be illegal. Im against gay marriage, but I am against .gov sponsored marriage straight and gay. Im for green energy but I dont think it is ready yet, and I think it has cost us Americans too much at this juncture. Im pro mineral development because green energy needs it at this point in development. Im pro driving yet I would support pro mass transit and alternate transportation if they didnt sh!t on car owners and could make rural living cost effective. I am unabashedly pro 2nd Amendment. I like Freedom, and Freedom of choice. Not Free as in Free beer but free as in choice.
I conpletely agree with you.

Barbara!

This I don't agree with. To be open minded means that while you have your beliefs, you are open to learning and change. To blindly stick to your beliefs despite all the information out there is the reason the two party system is such a mess.
Yes, and I think there is no such thing as being open minded because you can not be open to EVERY idea out there.

For example, what if murder is okay? What if raping infants is okay? There are certain ideas that people will never entertain... Which makes me believe that there is no such thing as being open minded. One person can not be open to EVERY view point.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Yes, and I think there is no such thing as being open minded because you can not be open to EVERY idea out there.

For example, what if murder is okay? What if raping infants is okay? There are certain ideas that people will never entertain... Which makes me believe that there is no such thing as being open minded. One person can not be open to EVERY view point.
Being close minded on political issues specifically is a huge detriment to the progression of our country.

Barbara!

Being close minded on political issues specifically is a huge detriment to the progression of our country.
I would agree with that, but I wasn't referring to specifics in my original post on open "minded-ness". I was referring to being open minded in general.

Xandra

why would "open-minded" mean being open to EVERY idea out there?

I mean if I called someone "nice" I don't think you'd say "well, they can't really be nice because a person can't always be nice in every single situation."

People can be open-minded and they can be nice, it goes without saying that a living thing is not going to exhibit some personality trait 100% absolutely...

Members online

No members online now.