Swollen face after tooth extraction?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie just got his upper right molar pulled on Friday. I noticed yesterday that his muzzle was all swollen on the right side. I looked at his incision, it looks totally fine and his mouth isn't swollen at all. It's like his nasal cavity is swollen, and his nose is a little runny. :(

The Vet told me his nose might run, as that tooth is connected to the nasal cavity. But I didn't think it would swell up like this. I'm bringing him in tomorrow to get looked at. Has anyone else noticed this after molar extractions?

Nope, just the opposite, that's how I found both my abscessed tooth dogs, their faces were swollen just under the eye. After the extraction the swelling subsided. Both were put on an antibiotic though, did they give you one?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Yes, he's on clavamox. When I tried to google it all I could find was accounts of dogs with swollen faces due to an abcess! The tooth was just chipped, not even abcessed. They did say it came out in pieces and it took a long time to get it all out. I'm just hoping it's nasal congestion. I will be soooooo livid if they left pieces of tooth in there or something. :( ugh my poor little fatface.

Members online

No members online now.