The Hiccups

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Does your dog get these? I'll see him snooping around the kitchen (where his food bowl is) and I'll give him some water and he'll drink it all up ferociously licking it all up :).

Usually afterwards he gets the hiccups or what I assume is the hiccups. Is this normal?

Adrienne

Yep, perfectly normal! Gunnar has them every couple of days. Just the diaphram having a little spasm, usually do to eating to fast or drinking to fast. Puppies seem to get them a lot more than adult dogs.

Oh, get used to puppy hiccups! My girls even get them in their sleep, lol! Shiva sleeps right through them. Bimmer got them when he was a pup, but not very often. Purdue got them all the time, and so did Buffy.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Rocky gets 'em every day. But if it's cause he eats or drinks too fast I know why. Man, the way he drinks water you'd think I'd never given it to him before! :D

Rocky's probably drinking so fast because he doesn't have free access to water. Leave a little in the bowl at all times, even if it's only a half cup or so. By now you're probably ready to move on to the next phase of housetraining - where he's learning to tell you when he has to go.

Members online

No members online now.