I am being driven insane...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
There is an alarm going off. Four short beeps with 5 second intervals between the sets of beeps.

I can't tell if it is in my apartment or not. Every time I go into a different room/part of the apartment it sounds like it is coming from somewhere else.

I just spent the last 15 minutes walking around trying to figure it out. It's not anything in the kitchen, it's not the fire alarms. It's faint enough that it could be coming from a neighboring apartment, but it's clear enough that it could be here.

It started about a half hour ago. If this goes on all night I'm going to freak out.

And I KNOW the alarm. I just can't place it.

I'm going insane.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
When I saw the thread title, I figured you suddenly got teenage daughters :D

Is there a carbon monoxide alarm somewhere? It could actually be your smoke detectors and they need a new battery.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I know. That's so annoying. I hate that someone has some device that alarms every single day at the same time and then stops. It's been going on for months, and no one can find it to stop it, Absolutely infuriating

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No carbon monoxide taht I am aware of. The sound ISN'T coming from the fire alarm, which is the first place I looked.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know. That's so annoying. I hate that someone has some device that alarms every single day at the same time and then stops. It's been going on for months, and no one can find it to stop it, Absolutely infuriating
...you mean like an alarm? I have an alarm that goes off every day at the same time and then stops

Ever find it?

At an apartment I had for awhile, a neighbor on one side would go out of town on the weekends, BUT he would leave his alarm clock on from the week.

It went off at 5:00 a.m.

And stayed on for an hour.

I wound up calling the onsite maintenance guy to go in and shut it off.

Two weekends in a row. He told me he'd left dude a note.

The third weekend I heard a sharp bang when he had to go turn it off again.

No more alarm :D

Members online

No members online now.