Dog throwing up - Help

englishsp

He threw up at 3:00 in the morning last night, mostly wet and a few food chunks, then was fine all day.

Then he threw up his dinner in a mass around 6:00pm this evening.

Just now, 9:00 pm he threw up some yellowish liquid with a little food remains.

It's been raw, wet and old out; the last 2 days were busy stressful but only thing out of the ordinary was a trip to home depot.

Help?

englishsp

He's a year old and everything else is normal, urine & stool. I didn't see him eat anything. I taught him "leave it" as soon as I got him and don't allow anyone to give him food.

There's a lot of crows out now and quite a few fox feces in my yard. He sniffs the fox feces but I don't think he ate it.

Last edited:

Brattina88

He's eating Purina Pro Plan for 2 months. He just ate a few 10 minutes ago, a small handful that I fed him by hand and he drank some water.
I wonder if he ate too fast? I had a foster who would inhale his food, and then yak it back up. Had to buy him a slo-go bowl.

I would keep an eye on him, and maybe call a vet if he's still throwing up after the 24hr mark. I bit of plain yogurt (with live cultures) may help :)

englishsp

I wonder if he ate too fast? I had a foster who would inhale his food, and then yak it back up. Had to buy him a slo-go bowl.

I would keep an eye on him, and maybe call a vet if he's still throwing up after the 24hr mark. I bit of plain yogurt (with live cultures) may help :)
He doesn't eat that fast, for a dog. I get him very calm & focused before I put the bowl down on the floor, and then about 2 minutes of sit stay before I let him eat.

I'll try the yogurt, I have it in the fridge. and the 24 hours would def be breakfast time tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. You can tell I love him, right?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IF it continues i would be worried about a blockage.:(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Others have given good advice. Finnegan has done this a few times, he has a day where he will be pukey until it's yellow and frothy (nothing left in the stomach). I keep a stash of canned pumpkin on hand, as I find that tends to help along digestion a bit. It's never lasted past 8-9 hours, though. Definitely see a vet if it persists, and be sure to carefully monitor eliminations and food/water intake, which you seem to be doing. :)

Good luck!

englishsp

Thanks for asking Brattina. I changed his water to pedialyte and fasted him for a day. Then only a little plain yogurt every couple hours for a day (he threw that up once), followed by a day of plain white rice w/chicken broth. He's back on his regular food and okay now.

He might have eaten a toad, or acorn, or fox/coyote feces. It's hard to tell really; I live in the country where there's lots of opportunity for a dog eating funky things.

Members online

No members online now.