How adoptable is your dog?

~Tucker&Me~

When I first saw Grace's thread, I thought it said adoptable, so I decided to start one! :D

Tucker would most defaintely be adoptable to just about anyone who could deal with some barking and having to keep him on leash for the most part.

Spy not so much. In general he's pretty good but he's very shy of strangers (at the moment anyway) and gets growly. So I suppose he would go to someone who they thought would be 'experienced' etc.

Of course my dogs would never HAVE to be adopted out, just stuff to think about :).

~Tucker

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Erm, hahah, they wouldn't.

Buddy would go nuts without me. No, I'm not being egotistical. He literally drives people nuts if I'm not around. He is mine and I am his. With time, it could be worked out, but it would take someone to know him like I do and to see him for the soul that he is. Good thing we have just the person in case something were to happen to us. ;)

Banzai, as long as he was with Buddy, would be okay. He would transition slowly and the people would have to work through his anxiety and be able to do deal with his herding. :rolleyes: :p

Bella would HAVE to go to someone with Fila experience. They would need to come to a mutual understanding of each other and life would be fine. As long as she got the right side of the bed. Good thing Bella is covered if something were to happen to us as well. :cool:

StaceyWebb

Boxer Crazy
Well, Callie is just a medium brown mixed dog. I was an idiot and didn't socialize her (she was my first dog, and got the brunt of all my mistakes), so she's barky with strangers. She wouldn't be very adoptable, which is fine, I have no intention of ever parting with her. She's a sweetie, just insecure. She's very good after she meets someone, but is shy until she's introduced. She would do horrible in a shelter setting, she would be a scared huddled mass at the back of her cage. :(

Carell, my deaf Boxer girl, is another story. Everyone who meets her falls in love...but before I failed as her foster, we didn't have any interest in her, mostly because of her deafness (I'm assuming, because she was 12 weeks and usually we have a flood of apps on Boxer puppies). But she knows sign language, and she's such a wigglebutt that people just melt. She's a great ambassador for deaf dogs everywhere, because most people don't know she's deaf until I tell them. She thrives on attention. :rolleyes:

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
well, other than my dogs are both black (black dog syndrome)--I would consider them both adoptable--but would never find out!!

Fran27

Well, #1 they would have to stay together.

Then I would say probably, as long as people are aware of the fact that Tips gets very shy when Boris isn't around, so they can't be separated too much, and that Boris has some resource guarding issues.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think all of mine would be adoptable.

Nikki has health issues and is on medication. Plus she's old. She's got some resource guarding problems, but as long as someone could deal with that, they'd be fine. She's great around people and other dogs.

Trey is a shy guy who is also older and ahs his medical conditions. He's not aggressive in the least, but he'd need someone who could deal with the fact that he is not good around strangers.

Beau... haha, he's a clown that really has no behavioral issues. He barks a bit, but is just all around good. He loves people, loves to play and is really easy going. No problems there.

Rose would be fine too. Once again, she's not aggressive or anything. She's a bit more timid than Beau but not nearly like Trey. She'd make it out okay, too.

Giny

AH HA! I knew I wasn't the only one who read it as adoptable! LOL I feel much better....

I already actually answered this question on the adaptable thread.:p

BostonBanker

A friend of mine who does rescue has joked about putting our dogs on her petfinder site, just to see who would be interested and if they would draw interest.

Meg is very adoptable. Youngish, great size, fantastic house manners, good off-leash, great with kids/cats/every human alive. She has some minor dog-to-dog issues, and probably could not live with another dominant female, and she isn't a "dogpark dog", but that is about the only issue she's got.

Not that Meg is ever going anywhere, but I've had multiple people tell me they want her if something should happen to me.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Major would, but they would have to know he's older and barks, I mean barks at anything :rolleyes:

Lizzie I think would, but she defaintely would need someone very experienced. She's such a one person dog it's not funny.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Who wouldn't love Zeus?? He is absolutely adoptable. He's a big, handsome sweetheart who loves everyone, doesn't bark, is very mellow, has good house manners, is well-trained, and loves to cuddle.

Voodoo.....hmmm. I'm sure he'd manage to lure in a few unsuspecting suckers with his cute prancing strut, his happy "I love everybody" attitude, and his training. But they'd probably bring him back after they find out what an egotistical, devilish little whirlwind of destruction he really is. :lol-sign:

Melissa_W

I think a lot of people would love to have Kai. He's extremely sweet and is very well mannered. Plus he's adorable. But I don't think he would want to go anywhere though!

Toller_08

Tango wouldn't be adoptable. She's got too many issues that most people wouldn't want or know how to deal with. I'm sure if my family didn't decide to take her as a pup (she didn't have a very good temperament even then), she'd probably be in her 10th home by now or PTS. I love her more than anything, and she means the world to me, but she's is without a doubt also the most difficult dog I've ever met and/or had to deal with.

Morgan *might* be adoptable. She's a really nice dog and gets along wonderfully with people, but she gets really stressed out when people she isn't familiar with aren't around.

Winston would most definitely be adoptable. He's got one of the best temperaments I've ever seen in a dog and he loves everybody and everything. He's very adaptable and fits into new places easily. However, he would definitely have his age against him (he's 9).

Dance would definitely be adoptable. There isn't much that phases her. She loves pretty much everyone and everything and is a very easy going, laid back pup. She's by far the easiest dog/puppy I've ever had - very similar to Winston in temperament, just more playful and energetic.

Tia would be adoptable. In fact, she lives with my grandma most of the time now (because she prefers her to us for some reason and my grandma really misses having a dog around). She is better as an only dog, but aside from that, she's got no issues.

Of course, minus Tia, none of them are going anywhere ever. The only reason Tia did is because she's happier with my grandma (she doesn't really like other dogs - she thinks she should be the centre of attention), but she still stays with us a bit too.

RD

Are you dead yet?
The three border collies are adoptable. Dash is a little dominant with other dogs and will get snarly and rude if things don't go her way. I'd say she'll need a more experienced owner than the other two. Dakota needs a sport home and Eve needs a working home.

Ripley isn't suited to many homes, I'd say he's not very adoptable and were he in rescue, I probably wouldn't have been approved to adopt him. Right now he's living with my friend and it's a match made in heaven since she doesn't have other dogs, kids or a need for a clingy lap dog AND her man is home all the time.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe would more than likely be adoptable...someone would just have to be willing to work on her issues...

She is becoming quite territorial towards strangers and other animals...(we are working on this and she has gotten better) (but the phone repair man set us back)

She also does NOT like to cuddle, she will only cuddle when she wants to and it happens rarely... she doesnt follow people around, she loves doing her "own" thing...

She is sometimes very shy and she also gets spooked at loud noises or sudden movements....

To be as little as she is, she eats ALOT, and she needs AT least 2 or more hours of outside playtime....

elegy

overdogged
mushroom maybe, if somebody were looking for an adult pit bull. he's an easy-going guy, reasonably good with all kinds of people, reasonably good with most dogs, reasonably ok around cats.

luce is a broken butthead. sure, she's charming, but she's kind of a jerk when it comes right down to it :p she'd need an owner who is willing to put in a lot of work, because you just can't let things lapse with her.

harv? he's ten, has a boogered eye and terrible thunderstorm phobia. apparently he is adoptable because i adopted him, but i'm certainly not in my right mind.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I thought it was adoptable at first, too! D:

Fozzie is suuuuper adoptable. I think almost anyone would want him! He's wonderful with every person, child, dog, cat, animal, and thing he has every met. He knows all of the basic commands and lots of tricks, but he can be a stubborn butthead sometimes. He's great in the house. He does require about an hour of exercise every day to be his happiest... and he also demands to sleep in bed with you, right up against your face. Fozz loves to spoon! ;D

Gonzo is not so adoptable... He is 6 years old. He is fearful of rowdy children & most large dogs. He wouldn't hurt small animals, but he obsesses over them. He is very standoff-ish with some strangers that come into the house, and he has to be introduced slowly. He has competed in Obedience, and knows every command off-leash, but his VERY high herding drive means he needs a handler that can read him and has experience with herding dogs. He knows tons of tricks, and can learn basically anything. He requires 2-3 hours of exercise every day, or he will start displaying some neurotic/nervous behaviors. But, as long as he gets daily activity, he's happy to hang out around the house all day! There are lots of other Gonzo quirks... but, honestly, I think there are just a few people in the world who could own him happily, besides me. heheh.

Duke wouldnt be that adoptable. He has some issues. Which I have managed but took abit to. He's very much a one person dog and he's not good with kids. Plus he is extreamly active. If the right person came along then sure but that right person is few and far between.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Lucy yes, definitely. She'd be snatched up in a minute- she's social, outgoing, and young.
Millie, not so much. She'd need an experienced home that does PR training that knows how to deal with BCs and active BC mixes, and also knows how to work with a very sensitive girl. Honestly, though, I think she wouldn't be able to go to a new home. She is my girl, and she knows it.
But of course they're not going anywhere. :)

*huggles them*

Sadly, Hannah would not be a great candidate for adoption should anything ever happen to Jeff and I.

She has loads of health problems, severe anxiety, and is a total Momma's girl to the extreme. She is not fond of strangers, and HATES change in her routine.

We do have a few close friends that Hannah loves, and one couple in particular knows that if something happens to me and Jeff, we'd like her to go with them. They adore Hannah and would go through ALOT to make sure she is as happy and adjusted without us as possible.

Makes me sad to even think about it.....Death, however, is the ONLY thing that would seperate me from my darling baby girl.

Members online

No members online now.