Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • grilled cheese & tomato soup

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talon....No. Talon is all wrong conformationaly, I wish he was put together better :( Most people think Aussie mix or coyote mix LOL :p

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Most people can tell she's a dachshund, but I do get the occasional idiot who can't tell what she is because she's at a correct weight.

She's longer legged and shorter in the body than most dachshunds. Her face is a bit snipey with a narrower head than most. Her chest is deep but not nearly as deep as most. Her eyes are larger and a little rounder than most. Her color is practically unheard of in smooths. She has a lean and well muscled frame without being bulky. She carries her tail high. No roman nose.

She has the ideal short, very tight and smooth coat. Perfectly sized feet. Correct scissor bite. Great pigmentation. Correct jut to the keel. Nearly ideal ear set for miniatures.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Hawkeye and Lark are both very typey, Kechara on the other hand looks like a Sheltie mix and is an awful example of an Aussie even if she is a pretty dog in general.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yeah, I think so. Obviously she isn't well bred, but the majority of people can tell she's a Boxer. She's got decent angulation in the rear, though I think she's longer than she is tall and they are supposed to be more square. VERY narrow in the front.. she's got like no chest. Nice head with a moderate nose. I don't know how tall she is. I think she's above average weight for a female at around 60 pounds. Nice deep chest, nice tuck. She's got a good gait and correct markings and color. Her temperament is spot on for breed standard, though she could use more drive in real life.

Do I think she'd win anything if she were able to show? No. Do I think she's pretty and like a Boxer? Yes. She wiggles her butt and is full of energy with a great off switch, fabulous with kids and very correct with everything she does minus being a little reactive at times.

Random Google images:

Nub:

DSC_0672 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0555 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Definitely has muscle tone.

DSC_0467 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

(ps, my dog is too pretty and I'm restraining from putting ALL TEH PHOTOS in)

AHA! Here's a somewhat decent stacked shot. She's definitely built more evenly than a lot of the conformation lines. Many of them are built very uphill for some reason.

DSC_0561 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Gait:

DSC_0687 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
There are so many comments I want to make, but I have time for one, and that is Harlow is one of the prettiest boxers I've seen. I like her moderation.

Last edited:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I kind of want to get a stacked picture of Abrams so I can have someone look at him and tell me how he's put together. I have no idea what I'm looking at. However, a stacked photo of him is a two person job and there is only one me. Maybe I'll have a sibling help me if I take the dogs with me for lunch on Sunday. Or smear peanut butter on something. Hmmmmm.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
There is a ton of variety in ESs. Quinn is within standard and recognizable as an ES, but I wouldn't call her the most typical ES, if that makes sense. There are certainly lots of other dogs that look like her, but in general she's a little different. She's about 42 pounds, which isn't terrible uncommon in bitches, but because she's pretty tall at a bit over 21", she's built quite lean without being light on bone. She also has less coat than many English Shepherds (I wouldn't mind a little more - she is in full coat in the picture). Personally, I quite like her type and will seek out another "smaller" dog next time. Everyone has different opinions, but personally a 65+ pound dog would not suit my needs as well as Quinn does.

DSC_0720 by Charlotte_L, on Flickr

People tend to often think she's a Border Collie (including sport and BC people) but people familiar with the breed have recognized her as an ES. I can understand BC guesses but I think she definitely looks like her breed.

There is a ton of variety in ESs. Quinn is within standard and recognizable as an ES, but I wouldn't call her the most typical ES, if that makes sense. There are certainly lots of other dogs that look like her, but in general she's a little different. She's about 42 pounds, which isn't terrible uncommon in bitches, but because she's pretty tall at a bit over 21", she's built quite lean without being light on bone. She also has less coat than many English Shepherds (I wouldn't mind a little more - she is in full coat in the picture). Personally, I quite like her type and will seek out another "smaller" dog next time. Everyone has different opinions, but personally a 65+ pound dog would not suit my needs as well as Quinn does.

DSC_0720 by Charlotte_L, on Flickr

People tend to often think she's a Border Collie (including sport and BC people) but people familiar with the breed have recognized her as an ES. I can understand BC guesses but I think she definitely looks like her breed.
I love Quinn's type too. I wish is was easier to find the smaller, less coated Sheppies

Elrohwen

I adore Quinn and Hudson. I would definitely get an ES if I was sure it would turn out like them. I've done some research and I'm not a fan of the larger heavier coated dogs.

I adore Quinn and Hudson. I would definitely get an ES if I was sure it would turn out like them. I've done some research and I'm not a fan of the larger heavier coated dogs.
The tri colored male I brought up was bought as a breeding male. Anyway, the female that they own isn't super large and her lines have a tendency to throw small dogs. She shares a very similar pedigree to Hudson. I'm hoping in a few years there a breeding there and that, that cross throws small, moderately coated dogs.

Torch

I think Rhys is typey. He's a pretty clear representative of his breed. He's still young and still growing, but I'm pleased with him so far. He has a beautiful head, nice front, and nice movement, but he's hocky. I'm hoping he grows out of it!

The best picture I can get of that pretty headpiece!

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist

She is much more refined I believe than what most people think of when they think Aussie and she carries very little coat. A lot of people also aren't used to seeing minimally marked red bi Aussies. However I think she looks like an Aussie and is fairly typical of what you'll see out of working lines, I don't think I would call her typey though.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon

She is much more refined I believe than what most people think of when they think Aussie and she carries very little coat. A lot of people also aren't used to seeing minimally marked red bi Aussies. However I think she looks like an Aussie and is fairly typical of what you'll see out of working lines, I don't think I would call her typey though.
I adore Cara's look. :) I think she's beautiful!

GingerKid

Although he is slightly out of standard (19.5" tall), Snowball's breed is absolutely recognizable. As evidenced by how often he's referred to as a miniature Samoyed. ;) He has a length:height ratio of 1.2 (slightly larger than the 1.1 recommended in the breed standard).

We actually get lots of comments about how clear his eyes are, how white his coat is, and, how lucky we are to have an eskie with such a black nose.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My boston terrier :p

At this point I'm a little surprised when people can't identify her. I know it's just the color that screws with their minds but stiiiiillllll.
When she was younger, her vet at the time thought she was like, the perfect boxer specimen. Not sure why. He really liked her in the pre-teething stage when she had normal ears.

Saeleofu

I also love Harlow's face, it's very similar to Gavroche's. I don't care for the super short, eye-rubbing wrinkled noses on show boxers.

Juno's is similar too, though hers is a bit more dished. But still not super wrinkly.

Gavroche usually gets called a pitbull, though :rolleyes:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger

Indy stacked-ish by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

ohaiiii by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

FCI Standard for the Dutch Shepherd

GENERAL APPEARANCE: a medium-sized, middleweight, well-proportioned, well-muscled dog of powerful, well-balanced structure, with intelligent expression and lively temperament. Definitely true of her.

CHARACTERISTICS: affectionate, obedient, tractable, alert, very faithful and reliable, undemanding, with plenty of stamina, vigilant, active and gifted with the true shepherd temperament. Also Indy to a T.

SIZE: the length of the body exceeds the height at the withers in a ration of ten to nine. Size: dogs (22.44" - 24.41"), bitches (21.65" - 24.41") Once again, perfectly within category at just over 24 inches tall

GAIT-MOVEMENT: smooth, supple, true. The movement should be neither constrained nor floating, nor too far-reaching. She gaits beautifully, and also has a beautiful trot on her.

PARTS OF THE BODY:

Head: in good proportion to the body, more long than massive, without wrinkles and dry. The muzzle is slightly longer than the skull, which should be flat. The top line of the muzzle is straight and runs parallel with the skull top line. Slight stop. Lips tight. In the rough-coated variety, the head appears more square, but this is an illusion. I think this is true, though I think her head is slightly more Malinois like than you seen in most Dutchies.

This is CH Dutchie female.

Ears: rather small than large. When the dog is alert, they are carried rather forward. They are set high. Not spoon shaped. Er, hers are large I think, in keeping with the Malinois lol, but alert, yes they are carried forward.

Eyes: dark, medium-sized, almond shaped, placed somewhat obliquely, not round or bulging. I think her's are a bit light, but that could be because her coat is darker.

Nose: always black. Yep

Teeth: powerful and regular. Scissors-bite. Scissors bite, check. Come let her bite you. You tell me if it's powerful or not ;)

Neck: the neck should not be too short. It is dry, i.e. without dewlap, and flowing gently into the top line of the body. Yes. I love her neck set

Body: firm; slight spring of ribs, Chest deep but not narrow. Brisket flowing gently into the underline. Back short, straight and powerful. Loin firm, not long or narrow. The croup must not be short or too sloping. I think she matches that. I'm obviously not a huge confo person though.

Forequarters: powerful, well muscled and with good bone. Overall straight, but with sufficient spring of pastern. Well laid back shoulders lie close to the rib cage. Upper arm of good length. I think she's got all of that too.

Hindquarters: powerful, well muscled and with good bone, forming a normal angle at the stifle joint; thus the thigh is not excessively out of the perpendicular. In the hock a moderate angle is desired so that the hock is perpendicularly below the ischium. She DEFINITELY has some well muscled and powerful hindquarters, without being excessive.

Feet: well arched toes; closely knit, which avoids long feet. Black nails; elastic dark pads. Her rear feet are perfect. Her front feet we're STILL making progress!!! They're slowly but surely tightening up, and arching correctly.

Tail: at rest, the tail should hang straight, or genly curved, reaching the hock. In action, carried gracefully upwards, never curled nor falling sideways. Hers does, but the side picture I had on hand (I can't find the other one, she was ready for some ball throwing. :p

Faults: too much white on chest or on feet; white stripes or spots in any other part of the body. Nose other than black. Drop ears or spoon-shaped ears. Wrong color, mismarking. Too much black in the topcoat. Overshot or undershot mouth. Cropped ears. Docked tail. Curled tail. I'm not sure if she'd be considered to have too much black in her coat. Her brindling is QUITE evident in person, but doesn't show up well in pictures.
Overall, she elbows out slightly, and I think she could do with slightly more undercoat/pants/tail feathers. She's KNPV lines though, so I'm quite sure she's a mishmash of Dutch and Malinois'. I think her eyes might be slightly too round, but in person they don't look like that, just when I'm taking pictures of her :p

Also, after being spayed, she's actually bulked up, and that with regular uphill exercise, that dip in her topline is gone. I need to get stacked shots of her, but that requires me holding the dog and trying to get my partner to use my phone, which he is not so great at to take a picture of the dog without me in the picture. :p

So I'll leave you with this gorgeous picture of her. Where I wish I was right now.

Indy/typey? by CharlieDogist, on Flickr

Members online

No members online now.