The Good News thread

Lyzelle

Successfully seduced and recieved the number of an old co-worker/friend/waitress tonight. Kiss and all. Looooved it. Hitting her up nao.

I must say, drunk or not, I own this place. The bar, the people, as shallow as it sounds, I love stepping in a place and having everyone run up to hug me, scream from across the room "eeey! Badass bitch has entered the building!" Maybe because I know I am more than that, not simple as that. It is a simple satisfaction, not a need. If this went away tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me at all.

Best thing I have learned this month: I am, I can have, I get, anything I want. Education, respect, love, affection, a job, another job, friends, ****buddies, a fantastic boyfriend, a successful life. Happiness. Mine. Not just me waiting for someone's permission, but just me taking it and being happy. Creating happiness with everyone around me. Goofy people with bitter grudges fall by the wayside.

Okay, little drunk. But happy 24/7, no matter what!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
OTTAWA PET EXPO IS THIS WEEKEND.

I'm not sure if this belongs in Good News or Venting hahaha. It's going to be an amazing weekend full of promotion opportunities, but the prep for it very well might kill me before we get there.

Dear Dog. Wish us luck. Finn gets to have a weekend with the boys at my BF's house, part of me wants to run away with them. :rofl1:

Also, JessLough is a saint. She's my staff this weekend. <3

noludoru

Bored Now.
So far so good with the new meds. If the foreseeable future is anything like the last two days, I'm happy. If the digestive upsets continue... Not as happy!

GoingNowhere

I was adding up miles and I've hiked over 165 miles so far this year! :) Which I know isn't really all that much, but hey - it's more than I'd expected! And almost all in day hikes :)

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I decided to pick up a pencil and sketch for the first time in a long time. And this is only the second attempt I've made at sketching a dog in the last two years (the first time being about ten minutes before this one). I don't think it turned out too bad for a nearly two year hiatus.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
After donating a gift at the dollar store
For a child at Christmas, Hannah asked about it and so I gave her the speech about Helping those in need and Christmas is ESPECIALLY a time for giving but we should help others all year round.

She asked how we know who to help and I told her that sometimes you don't know so you give to programs or people who know who to help or how to get the help to them, like when we donate food to the local mission. BUT I know of a group to find a child to sponsor for Christmas and we can see a picture and know what they like.

At that point she wanted to look at the pictures of kids that needed Christmas sponsors and chose one. So she has decided to sponsor a child for Christmas. We told her that she needed to earn money so that it was truly her sponsoring. She is going to do extra chores and we came up with an idea to make and sell a little something for extra money. We thought maybe salt dough ornaments since she can do most of the measuring and rolling and baking with only a little help and we have Christmasy cookie cutters and then she can paint them.

But we are open to new ideas if anyone has any.

Overall, I am just super proud of her for wanting to give to another child and she is truly excited about it. On top of that , they learned about making shoe boxes for kids in need at Awana tonight and she wants to make a shoe box gift as well.. That one we will pay for :) she just makes me so proud

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Econ hw, done for the week. Now I can focus on studying for the exam. Also, one cannot watch Wild Horse Wild Ride too many times.. so that's what I'm doing while I do my Chem.

God I love this movie. Someday, I hope I'm talented enough to be able to train a BLM Mustang.

Saeleofu

I was told last week by my supervisor in the prairie that she'd hire me on the spot if she had an opening.

My supervisor in farms wrote on my practicum review "Would recommend for employment" and gave me all 5s (out of 5).

My boss in education (where I actually work for pay instead of credit or purely volunteer) approached me today and told me she didn't want to lose me when I graduated, and would bump me to full time, BUT they don't have money for it in the budget. SO, she said if I can find a grant that would pay for/help pay for it, she's take me on full time in an instant. WOOO! Let the grant

Also, while I was typing this, my battery died. That means it shuts down totally. When I started it back up, I clicked "restore" on my browser, and HOLY CRAP MY POST IS STILL THERE, EVERY WORD OF IT! Have I mentioned I LOVE CHROME OS TO BITS?!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Blossom and I went back to PSA today for the first time since she got sick, and we were both so happy to be there. I forgot how much she loves it and how beyond crazy it makes her. And how much I missed the social aspect of it -it was so great to see people and catch up. Our TD had Blossom on a bite, and he stroked her head and said, "Awww, I missed you." She shook the sleeve in response. :D

And now I have a happy, sleeping Maligator.

Taqroy

Blossom and I went back to PSA today for the first time since she got sick, and we were both so happy to be there. I forgot how much she loves it and how beyond crazy it makes her. And how much I missed the social aspect of it -it was so great to see people and catch up. Our TD had Blossom on a bite, and he stroked her head and said, "Awww, I missed you." She shook the sleeve in response. :D

And now I have a happy, sleeping Maligator.
That feeling is the BEST. I'm really glad Blossom is feeling better!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Three paychecks this month.

I NO LONGER HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO FEED MYSELF AND PUT GAS IN MY CAR ON ONLY $120 FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH.

Best news I've had all day.

Members online