Need help tracking down a breeder after 15+ years

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I ended up having half my lunch stuck at the office doing nothing so ended up on the sheltie pedigree database looking at dogs with performance titles and trying to write down some names that seemed to have some experience with sports dogs. I came across a dog that's name rang a bell. Clicked on it and sure enough it was a half sibling of Trey's. I ended up backtracking to Trey's sire and finding his litter. Found his littersister, who ended up with her masters agility titles and producing several MACH dogs. I ended up looking up the breeder's prefix. She has a decent number (20 some odd) dogs in the pedigree database. Quite a lot have high level performance titles, multiple MACHs, master level titles, etc.

I've googled the breeder's name and gotten not much. There is one way outdated sheltie site that mentions her/her dogs. The prefix isn't pulling up anything at all.

We got Trey in the mid 90s. She's a very small breeder who generally only bred when she wanted a new performance dog. I also know she moved out of state around the same time we did and also got divorced. I believe her name has changed since then, which could be why I can't find her online anywhere.

- Most recent DOB I can find on a dog with her kennel name is 2005.
- Most recent records in the OFA database are in 2009

I'd really really like to shoot her a message if possible. Just to see if she's still breeding and if she has any recommendations. At the least to let her know that 15+ years down the line after she showed me agility with her dogs that I'm hooked too.

Any ideas?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Can you use OFA to track offspring of the most recent dogs or who they/their parents were bred to etc.? Then contact those breeders and see if they'll give you any contact info and explain you had a dog from her and are looking to get back in touch?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I second that. if she was that involved in the breed, its likely shes still friends with other breeders/fanciers, and somebody will know someone out there who still chats to her on a weekly basis. Start talking to breeders and owners. Good luck!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I did find a couple of her bred by dogs on the Pittsburgh sheltie club site. But she's not listed as a member. but maybe someone would know? I don't want to harass everyone either though lol.

It looks like she bred very rarely (every few years if that). The dog that was tested in 2009 was born in 2005, so it's been a while.

I didn't even think about contacting the sire's breeders. I know Trey's sire's breeder is still in shelties but not really breeding the kind of dog I'd want.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I didn't even think about contacting the sire's breeders. I know Trey's sire's breeder is still in shelties but not really breeding the kind of dog I'd want.
That's okay...all you need from them is an email/phone number... ;)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Smudge's breeder fell off the planet.. I went through some odd means to find her.. got a number and never could get a reply. I wish you better luck.

I'd contact someone with a bred by dog from the sheltie club. Can't hurt.

Aleron

I agree - if she was that involved, just ask around and you're bound to find someone who knows her.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
If you could get in touch with the owner of the '05 dog, they might be able to give you her contact information or at least point you in the right direction!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Maybe I should just PM all the info to Jessie. :p

I have no idea if I'll ever find anything out, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. At the least it's been really interesting looking at Trey's pedigree and family.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
If you could get in touch with the owner of the '05 dog, they might be able to give you her contact information or at least point you in the right direction!
I have no idea who owns that dog. It's just showing up in the OFA database with a date of birth and date of screening.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Start googling the registered names of dogs in quotes. If they've been shown in AKC it will pull up the show results along with the registered owner's names, city and state.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I found a couple recent show results (2012) for the 2005 dog so that's a start! They have the breeder (with the same name I knew) listed as the owner. Also the winner from the puppy class in the 2012 show has the same prefix and breeder/owner. So that is good news.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Did you find them? If not you can PM me the info and I can do some asking...

I'm excited. And biased, and excited, LOL.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, whatever I end up with it'll be a while. (Boo). But Mafia did find an email address for the breeder! As well as her being involved in agility in 2011/2012 too. I am sitting her trying to figure out what to say. I don't want to be too creeper stalkerish. lol

Members online

No members online now.