The Venting Thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Right now it's looking like it's going a couple miles south. It is so loud outside.

Now they're talking about a rotation due west of here that might set down in the middle of the town.

Just said we're under 'prime threat'. Oh joy.

ETA: touched down a bit east and south. Barely missed my stepbrother's thankfully but it's going through town now. Hope everyone is okay. :(

Last edited:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yikes! Glad you're okay!

My Grandma doesn't want to keep both dogs. She's even unsure if she wants to keep one. Dang it. Now we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. With Future Puppy coming in two weeks. Crap. I think my mom is going to take the wee ones in temporarily, but it isn't going to be permenant. So many ways we can go, none of them are great options. Ugh.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Man, they're showing some houses that are totally gone. Sounds like everyone I know is okay. It's going to go south of my sister.

So weird. It's sunny here now and the birds are singing. Just some minor limbs down in my neighborhood.

ETA: It got BIG.

Grab

Goosie will be three in a few weeks. I am not ready for my best girl to be 3

ETA: tornado season is no fun. I was happy to leave shifty weather back in IL. I also learned that children raised in desert states do not understand tornados at all

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So weird. It's sunny here now and the birds are singing. Just some minor limbs down in my neighborhood.
Isn't that crazy?? It's like one moment you can't even see two feet in front of you for the wind and rain and blowing, and it's horrifying - and then all of a sudden, like it never happened and a beautiful day! Except for any devastation left behind.

Super scary, I'm glad it waited until it got past you to get so huge... holy crap.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I swear I will never get used to it.

The news was telling people they need to get out or get underground. I'm thinking.... great. I have no basement and no storm shelter. I'd have been screwed.

ETA: There's one going straight into the agility show now. I *think* they should be done now. Hopefully.

It's big too.

Last edited:
Oh wow, Laurelin. Reasons I could never live in the Great Plains states

One of my FB friends, a girl I know from back home, had a few FB posts about her dog that just nipped at her daughter's face. The comments that followed are heartbreaking for the dog.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Worst damage is right at the exit where the expo center and agility show was.

Multiple fatalities in a trailer park, they're saying. :(

I had a dream last night about a very good friend that I lost suddenly a couple years ago, and it just led to a very sad and emotional day. It caught me off guard, I don't know what triggered the dream, I just know I wasn't expecting to be sad today. :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I really like someone I work with. But we haven't talked that much, and I'm too shy to talk to him!! Not only that, but he's moving. So it would be pointless anyway. Which sucks because I think if he wasn't moving, I could really, really like this person. He's just really nice, and cute, and good with kids, and... I like him lol! And I'm having to work directly with him doing drama club this summer before he moves, and I really don't want to start liking him even more if he's just going to move! And I had a dream about him last night (nothing weird lol!) and I hate that because it makes you feel like you know someone that you really don't.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I really like someone I work with. But we haven't talked that much, and I'm too shy to talk to him!! Not only that, but he's moving. So it would be pointless anyway. Which sucks because I think if he wasn't moving, I could really, really like this person. He's just really nice, and cute, and good with kids, and... I like him lol! And I'm having to work directly with him doing drama club this summer before he moves, and I really don't want to start liking him even more if he's just going to move! And I had a dream about him last night (nothing weird lol!) and I hate that because it makes you feel like you know someone that you really don't.
Where is he moving to?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
...We were contacted about a WPG who was up for adoption who had bird drive about a week ago. Apparently he was adopted out this weekend, without us even meeting him, even though we were told that we were a "preferred home". There is more to the story of his adoption family, but I don't feel comfortable posting it online. I'm just confused as to why you would have brought it up to us if you already had a home lined up? :rolleyes:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Our trainer just gave us the thumbs up to enter Payton in some trials. I'm thinking of doing just jumpers in the local indoor trial, then entering him full on in a trial at the end of July with the thought that I will pull him if things aren't going how I want.

This should be fun and exciting.

Instead I am just kind of sad. Because I should be trialing with Auggie. And I'm not. I'm writing a different dog's name on the forms, different numbers, different info. If I travel to the one I'm thinking of traveling for, I will probably just take P and leave Auggie behind.
I know I did the right thing, so why am I still sad and upset about it? I want to trial with my Auggie. And in my head I'm like "Well I guess I could just enter him in jumpers... just to play..." but I know he stresses out so much about trials I just don't think that's fair or right, and it's selfish, because Auggie is happiest to just play in our backyard rather than trial. So I won't. But it still makes me sad and I can't figure out why.

My husband's company is reducing the size of their staff at his facility by 20% probably be the end of the month. No one knows who is on the chopping block.

One of my co-worker's, her mom lives in SW MO and breeds Akitas. My co-worker came in today and said her mom's place was hit by the tornado yesterday and she is missing a bunch of dogs.

Members online

No members online now.