For those whose dogs have been in events/tv/movies, etc.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
How did you price their services?

I have a possible gig at an upscale kid's party (through an entertainment company to give you an idea of scale) and the person who contacted me would like me to give them a figure for my services by Monday.

This is a local location and a couple hour commitment. I'll be bringing 2-4 dogs and doing dog tricks, possibly with costumes.

I can quote them my normal hourly rate for dog training but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over or underselling myself at the same time and I'd REALLY like to work this gig into regular work from the entertainment company if possible.

Dekka

Just try me..
I started out really low for my first few tv/movie gigs. I wanted to be able to pick what I did and still get hired :)

I don't price by the hour, but by the day. I don't do less than a day's fee for a single day no matter how short they wanted me. I charge for all expenses, so gas etc. Now I charge about what an main actor would get per day. Not that that helps you specifically as I don't know what going rates are for that.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I had a meeting with the company today and it went well. :) I quoted them $125 for one hour of performing and an hour for setup/takedown/travel and my contact thought it was reasonable, though I suspect it might've been higher than she anticipated. Paws crossed the client is game!

Z came with me to the appointment today and wow'd the people at the entertainment company enough that they are already trying to think of more jobs for us! :D

Members online

No members online now.