Play Dates

corky

Ontario BSL rescue
My new puppy needs some work on bite inhibition. I understand that playing with other vaccinated dogs is her best bet. She'll get her first shot tomorrow and won't be done for 12 weeks. How do you suggest I find healthy play dates for her? We are slowly introducing her to Corky, our Pitty rescue, but he always has a soft muzzle and a leash on so they aren't "playing" yet.

Jare

All For The Pit Bulls
I work at a dog training facility that also offers daycare (which is the area I work). It also offers "open play time" on certain nights.

For example, on Friday nights from 5-6pm puppies and dogs under 20 pounds and play, 6-7 any dogs over 20 pounds that have a soft or moderate play style play, and from 7-8 any dogs over 30 pounds with a rough and tumble play style come to play. All dog's and puppies need to have their 5 way, kennel cough, rabies (if under 6mos) and negative fecal sample or dewormed within the last 6 mos in order to play.

Maybe look for a training facility or daycare, or doggie fun group of some sort in your area and ask if they offer controlled social play groups like that.

Members online