how often can dogs have new bones?

Typing that it seems like a stupid question :confused:
I give my dogs a new raw marrow bone about every 2 weeks(sometimes once a week). Is this to often, im wondering if that much marrow can hurt them in any way. it doesnt seem like its affecting them in any strange way, except putting them doggy heaven. one of my dogs is 35 lbs the other is about 45.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
As long as your dogs are enjoying themselves and don't seem to be chomping too hard, let them chew as much as they want!

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Won't hurt them.
Being as the marrow is fairly good for them (and you but I doubt many people will sit there and scoop marrow out of a bone!) you're probably doing them more favours then anything else.

Of course everything can be overdone but once every two weeks is hardly over doing it.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
There was a point not too long ago where Sierra got a marrow bone almost every day. It was something frozen she could chew on to stay cool in our apartment which gets WAY too hot in the summer. I've cut it back now that it's cooler, she gets one or two a week.

Toller_08

Dance was getting a new one almost every day while she was in season a few weeks ago to keep her busy. They didn't bother her at all. Normally, I give them to her once or twice a week.

Saje

Island dweller
I'd give mine them every day if a) I could find them and b) I was motivated to go buy them. lol

Members online

No members online now.