Scared of hats? Hoodies?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Well I took Chloe out today we went walking in our neighborhood and one of our neighbors came out with a pullover sweater with the hoodie pulled up on her head to talk to me... Well as soon as Chloe saw her she went berzerk she wimpered and barked and tryed to run... Then when the neighbor took the hoodie off her head Chloe was fine :confused:
We have been going a few places and meeting new people that have animals that I know have had all their shots but since she hasnt had all of her booster shots yet I dont want to risk her getting something from a unvaccinated animal.. but thursday she is getting her 3rd set of shots so we will definitly be going a whole lot of more places

Last edited:

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LOL RIot went through that stage too!! He wouldn't let my sister into the house because she was wearing a hat!! When she took it off hes like "Ohhh hey.. its just you! ok come on in" with a waggily tail.

I suggest putting on big heavy clothes and playing with your girl with them on. She'll eventually get used to them and realize they wont kill her :)

How old is she now?

Doberluv

That's a good idea if it doesn't totally freak her out. Also, remember to think of what kind of reaction you're giving her when she gets freaked out. If you pay a lot of attention and try to sooth her or make any kind of fuss over her, that behavior is likely to become reinforced. So, when she does that, just continue on about your business as though you're not one bit worried. If you react, she'll think that her leader is worried too, so it must really be something awful. And that's how dogs develop a lot of neurosis...because owners make a big reaction over weird behaviors, fears that the dogs have etc...and they just get worse.

Happy socializing. You have four weeks to get the bulk of it done even though you'll need to continue forever. Everything that you want her to be unafraid of, basically, she'll need to experience in a positive association by about 16 weeks of age. So be sure and take her all over the place for happy, pleasant experiences...people, different enviornments, machinery, dogs, kids, city noises, country places, nail clipping, baths, teeth brushing....The more the better as long as she is not frightened or overwhelmed. Anything you think you might need to do with her, do it now. That way she will have it meld right into her personality and she'll not tend to be afraid of new things as much.

Best wishes!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Doberluv said:
Happy socializing. You have four weeks to get the bulk of it done even though you'll need to continue forever. Everything that you want her to be unafraid of, basically, she'll need to experience in a positive association by about 16 weeks of age. So be sure and take her all over the place for happy, pleasant experiences...people, different enviornments, machinery, dogs, kids, city noises, country places, nail clipping, baths, teeth brushing....The more the better as long as she is not frightened or overwhelmed. Anything you think you might need to do with her, do it now. That way she will have it meld right into her personality and she'll not tend to be afraid of new things as much.
Best wishes!
Oh I plan on taking her everywhere I go after she has this 3rd set of shots :D :D

Members online

No members online now.