"Dealing Dogs" on HBO Feb 21st

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I just received this on a mailing list I'm on and thought it's worth spreading the word to everyone you know. Many, many people are still completely ignorant not only about puppy mills, but also about "brokers":

"Dealing Dogs" will be aired on February 21 on HBO 10:00 PM EST

Disturbing documentary, WARNING....this will be a very graphic, heartwrenching documentary.

Some dogs that are not so lucky will be the focus of an HBO documentary on Feb. 21 called Dealing Dogs, which shows how the lack of federal oversight results in the abusive treatment of family pets. The documentary follows an undercover investigation at CC Baird's Martin Creek Kennel in Arkansas.

Baird was a "Class B" animal dealer in the country. Each year, 42,000 dogs are sold to veterinary schools and research labs by "Class B" dealers, which are required by federal law to buy the dogs from pounds, shelters and small breeders and treat the animals humanely.

The documentary exposes violation of these laws by the dealer, which was forced to close.

The film was in production for four years and follows an investigator who wore a hidden camera while working at the kennel. While there, he filmed Martin Creek Kennel employees and owners beating and shooting dogs, and leaving animals in their kennels to die from malnourishment, disease and injury, among other abuses. Dog corpses are shown piled up on the property and in trenches after being butchered for their organs.

The documentary questions how dealers get around the laws while also purchasing stray pets and pets that may have been stolen directly from their owners' yards.

The filmmakers also maintain that while this kennel was closed, many more Class B dealers continue to operate without adequate oversight.

Be Sure To Watch HBO America Undercover's Documentary "DEALING DOGS," a Look at LCA's (Last Chance for Animals) Groundbreaking 15 year Undercover Investigation On Pet Theft. These stolen dogs are sold to USDA licensed Class "B" animal dealers who then sell the animals to research facilities, where they endure unimaginable torture and often die.

Please spread the word!

Dixie

The ***** idiot
This occured in AR - and Ive seen some of the horrendous footage. They stole dogs out of peoples yards and bought dogs at flea markets to bring to the kennels to put through the most inhumane treatment imagineable. Dogs would arrive in healthy conditions only to die a year later due to the environment and the conditions they had to deal with.

One worker found a dog slumped over, took a quick look at it, and it was obvious the dog was having difficulty breathing, and left for a family barbecue, came back some 8 hours later and the dog was dead, took it out to the ditch and left it there to rot.

Whats sad is AR is notorious for having puppy mills and other such "kennels", we are the puppy mill capital of the south, and Im NOT proud of that. On the average most Arkansans have never taken their pets to a vet for any injury or illness. Im the first one in my family that has taken a dog to a vet and my parents are like - "He's just fine, just spray some medicine on him, and he'll live!" You want to know what medicine they are referring to? SevenDust which contains permetherin which kills fleas and ticks, what they dont understand is that SevenDust is formulated for GARDENS not pets.

Some people here are just unbelieveable when it comes to the care of their animals......

dix

Ash47

Taco Dog
Wow. I am going to Tivo this. I know I won't remember to watch it, so I am going to go ahead and set the recorder for it.
Thanks Mordy

Members online

No members online now.