Baby/Kid Photos - Manual Mode!

Equinox

Had one of my first few "shots" (ha ha) at child photography! A family friend had their kids over and wanted to know if I could take some fun photos for them. I needed practice, especially with people/kids, so I thought "why not?".

Kids are so much more difficult than dogs.

Shot in Manual mode and it came out SO much better than what Auto or even Aperture Priority gave me. Here is an unedited jpeg shot (I did crop it, though):

A few of the others. To clarify, I know these aren't great, they were just for fun and practice.

I'm not big on kids but I adore the baby and her sister. The baby is my mom's goddaughter and the cutest little girl.

You did a marvelous job! I bet their mom was thrilled! I love the background the mat makes in the first picture.

tzigane

Fantastic! You've definitely done better than I could ever do with children. I love the colors in all of them, but especially the first. Her dress is just so bright and fun and blends so well (but not too much) with the play mat!

Equinox

Thanks everyone! You're all too nice, but I'm not complaining :D

You did a marvelous job! I bet their mom was thrilled! I love the background the mat makes in the first picture.
Thank you! The mom was really happy, she sent me an e-mail raving about the quality and how much her family loved them :eek: Most of my pictures were like the first (unedited) one, it was right in front of our huge window and the background really was perfect for the kids.

I had a lot of fun :)

Members online

No members online now.