This is what I ate today...

Saeleofu

My dinner:

Egg inside an avocado, with some paprika and pepper, baked for about 20 minutes. I opted not to put cheese on top because I was getting close to my calorie limit for the day, but dumped some cayenne pepper sauce on and it was amazing! I'm allergic to avocados, but it seems like I'm fine eating them cooked!

Both half shells - 315 calories, 3 g of net carbs, 28 g of fat, and 10 g of protein.
YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEAS FOR FOOD. You should start your own thread of amazing foods :rofl1:

I am still amazed by my inability to sweat
You should probably see a doctor about that. Not sweating when you're hot/working out/etc is NOT good. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anhidrosis/DS01050

Equinox

YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEAS FOR FOOD. You should start your own thread of amazing foods :rofl1:
You know what's crazy? When I was thinking about starting keto/a low carb diet, I was wondering what the heck I'd eat! Now I feel like I'm eating a MUCH greater variety of food than I ever was before. It's so awesome!

I wish they were my ideas LOL I've just been going crazy browsing blogs for low carb, quick, and easy recipes. Emphasis on "easy"! Like I said, I'm a terrible cook, and when I'm hungry I want to eat immediately, so I do a lot of ideas hunting online.

I will have to try that! You put the egg in the avocado raw? I didn't even know you could bake eggs like that, cool! :)
Yep, cut an avocado in half and take out a pit. Usually the egg is too big to fit into the hole nicely so you wind up having to cut out some of the avocado (either where the pit was, or just around the sides to prevent egg white spill over). Just top with whatever seasoning you want, and bake on 425 F for 20 minutes, give or take a few.

The coolest part is that the egg sort of "seals" the heat in the avocado - I left it siting for a bit and when I sat down to eat, it was still warm :)

Michiyo-Fir

Um..somehow I ended up KFC for both meals of the day LOL. I only eat KFC like maybe twice a year...not sure how that happened. I had it for lunch and my mom brought it for dinner... Tomorrow will be better lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
You know what's crazy? When I was thinking about starting keto/a low carb diet, I was wondering what the heck I'd eat! Now I feel like I'm eating a MUCH greater variety of food than I ever was before. It's so awesome!

I wish they were my ideas LOL I've just been going crazy browsing blogs for low carb, quick, and easy recipes. Emphasis on "easy"! Like I said, I'm a terrible cook, and when I'm hungry I want to eat immediately, so I do a lot of ideas hunting online.

Yep, cut an avocado in half and take out a pit. Usually the egg is too big to fit into the hole nicely so you wind up having to cut out some of the avocado (either where the pit was, or just around the sides to prevent egg white spill over). Just top with whatever seasoning you want, and bake on 425 F for 20 minutes, give or take a few.

The coolest part is that the egg sort of "seals" the heat in the avocado - I left it siting for a bit and when I sat down to eat, it was still warm :)
You are making my mouth seriously water looking at that :9 we are having tilapia tomorrow for dinner ... I will see of we have some avocados in the fridge & maybe I can make those as a side dish with the fish, sounds like a good accompaniment for it :) do you let the avocado get room temp (if its been in the fridge)? Or can you just pop it right I the oven?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I am like do not graced with cooking talent

Equinox

You are making my mouth seriously water looking at that :9 we are having tilapia tomorrow for dinner ... I will see of we have some avocados in the fridge & maybe I can make those as a side dish with the fish, sounds like a good accompaniment for it :) do you let the avocado get room temp (if its been in the fridge)? Or can you just pop it right I the oven?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I am like do not graced with cooking talent
LOL I have no cooking talent, either. I burn toast, so I've been thinking that it's a good thing bread is out of my diet now :rofl1:

I was going to cook it straight out of the fridge, but I wound up leaving it out for a bit while waiting for the oven to preheat. I didn't even think about the avocado temperature, though!

Saeleofu

I bought an avocado tonight with the intention of making it with tuna tomorrow. Now I'm really, really tempted to try the egg thing.

Also, why the hell are avocados $1.00-$2.49 at the freaking grocery store?! I can get them at Aldi for 39 cents each. I really suck at picking avocados, though. The first one I opened at lunch today was all speckly inside and did not look right, so I tossed it.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I bought an avocado tonight with the intention of making it with tuna tomorrow. Now I'm really, really tempted to try the egg thing.

Also, why the hell are avocados $1.00-$2.49 at the freaking grocery store?! I can get them at Aldi for 39 cents each. I really suck at picking avocados, though. The first one I opened at lunch today was all speckly inside and did not look right, so I tossed it.
I always smell them first. People give me weird looks. lol. Same thing with eggs too actually. Not like stick my nose in there or anything, but some cartons definitely have a rotten egg smell. Bleah.

The avocado egg thingy looks awesome. I wonder if my kids would eat it.

Today we had organic blue corn chips with chili beans, cheese melted on top, and Tillamook sour cream. Sam just ate the sour cream and threw the rest on the floor.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
It must be a man thing ... My OH is like that, when he is hungry he wants to eat NOW & will pester me like a child ("is it ready yet?" :/) lol I find it cute :D

GipsyQueen

My dinner:

Egg inside an avocado, with some paprika and pepper, baked for about 20 minutes. I opted not to put cheese on top because I was getting close to my calorie limit for the day, but dumped some cayenne pepper sauce on and it was amazing! I'm allergic to avocados, but it seems like I'm fine eating them cooked!

Both half shells - 315 calories, 3 g of net carbs, 28 g of fat, and 10 g of protein.
That looks pretty amazing! :) I'll have to try that!

You can eat alot of things you're allergic to cooked/baked without having a reaction. Heating them up kills the stuff that triggers your allergies. I'm extremly allergic to peaches (as in hospitol /Epipen) but I can eat them if cooked/baked form.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

You should probably see a doctor about that. Not sweating when you're hot/working out/etc is NOT good. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anhidrosis/DS01050
hmmm interesting. thanks for the info. I am going to ask my Dr about that. if that' s what it is I would bet my life savings mine is hereditary. My mom is a non sweater too.

It' s not that I don' t sweat at all, I do sweat quite a bit in the heat and humidity but for some reason not so much when I exercise and stuff. when we went to disney in December, I walked from the back of epcot to thr front and it was like 100 degrees with 10,000 percent humidity lol. I was soaked and sweat was dripping off me.... but that is probably the first time in my llife that I have sweat enough for it to drip.

last night my friends collar on her shirt was noticably wet from sweat while mine was mostly dry. so I will check with my doctor about it for sure.

the good news is I have been holding at 203 lbs. this morning I weighed in and I was 200.8 :)

noludoru

Bored Now.
I had two fish tacos, 1/4 of a pizza, 6 fruitcake cookies, 4 pieces of fudge, and handfuls of the NY star-graham cracker cookies with a hard cider. Except for the tacos, it was all in one sitting. I went into a carb coma and slept from 6PM last night to 9:30AM.

NEVER. AGAIN.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I brought breakfast to work with me today. Having one piece of peanut butter toast (was supposed to be two but the wind blew one piece off my plate in the parking lot as I was walking to my store, thanks for the hint universe...) and some strawberries and a single serving of key lime oikos Greek yogurt.

I had shepherd's pie, cream cheese corn, and honey glazed carrots for breakfast. This will also be my lunch. Have I mentioned how much I love that my SO cooks?

I also had yogurt, two bananas, an apple pear, some strawberries, and a little bit of cantaloupe as a snack.

Equinox

It must be a man thing ... My OH is like that, when he is hungry he wants to eat NOW & will pester me like a child ("is it ready yet?" :/) lol I find it cute :D
I'm... a 19 year old girl? :lol-sign: Sometimes I sure eat like a man, though!

That looks pretty amazing! :) I'll have to try that!

You can eat alot of things you're allergic to cooked/baked without having a reaction. Heating them up kills the stuff that triggers your allergies. I'm extremly allergic to peaches (as in hospitol /Epipen) but I can eat them if cooked/baked form.
Oh, that's really interesting!! Huge pleasant surprise for me, and I'll be sure to remember that. I'm allergic to peaches as well, and about 90% of all the other fruits in existence.

Saeleofu

I had a nutella sandwich on white for breakfast because I was feeling crummy. Also a cup of Comfort tea with milk.

I'm drinking a cup of echinacea tea right now. Not sure if I want lunch or not. If I do have lunch, it'll either be avocado/tuna or an Atkins shake (I got a 4-pack at the store last night to try, since I'm lazy and it's an easy breakfast, and all the other pre-made shakes have a CRAPTON of carbs)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm... a 19 year old girl? :lol-sign: Sometimes I sure eat like a man, though!

Oh, that's really interesting!! Huge pleasant surprise for me, and I'll be sure to remember that. I'm allergic to peaches as well, and about 90% of all the other fruits in existence.
:rofl1:

Crap, I'm sorry, equinox ... I accidentally quoted the wrong person LOL, my apologies :doh:.

Members online