Gwen at the Park (Pictures)

Airn

So we took Gwen up the road to a park so she could let out some energy.

These are just phone pictures so they aren't as awesome as most of the pictures you guys post, but I got some flack from crazedACD for not having many Gwen pictures ;)

Here is Gwen chasing sticks and just running around.

She sat down for a minute. Unwillingly.

Can I go yet? That thing over there is much more interesting.

More stick!

More.

Airn

And she sat again.

Looking into the distance.

What are you doing?

I tried to get Gwen to do the tree climbing thing, since the Koolies can do it. She wanted to be kool. But, wasn't really her thing. She DOES jump a lot.

All of these pictures were taken shortly before Gwen proved (to me) her herding abilities. Most of you train your herding dog on sheep, ducks, cattle, livestock, right? Those are apparently too easy for Gwen.

The park we were at has many deer that are fairly comfortable around humans. We were watching some cross the road. Gwen was very interested in them. I watched Gwen watching the deer and slowly crept up on her. She moved forward a little and continued watching. At this point, I realized she might be more than a passive nature enthusiast.

She crept forward in a stalk-y mode. As the BF and I were moving to catch her, she jetted off towards the deer. We were telling her to come back, which didn't work, obviously. (We're working on her stay, recall, all of that.) At first we only saw about 5 deer, but as she ran towards them, more appeared. I saw about 15 white deer butts running away from Gwen. She rushed up to them and stayed about 10 feet away from them, 'herding' them to the other side of the field. As the deer disappeared into the woods, she came trotting back. Tongue out and a big grin on her face.

So, today we learned that Gwen can herd deer. :lol-sign:

Yay! Gwen pictures! She has the cutest white toes, they are adorable! She also looks to be pretty fine with that tree climbing!

I also think you should send her to Santa so she can try her skills on Reindeer

Airn

Gwen didn't like her bee costume much... (But Charlie thought it was hilarious)

This is usually how close she is to me and why we can't get good full body pictures of her.

She has a hard life. Obviously.

Here she's a bit more active. I think this was our first try at Frisbee.

And this is how we usually end the day. Or start the day. This could also be how we spend the day.

Airn

And thanks for the comments, guys. She's a pretty good girl.

I might have to find some reindeer! Maybe I can have Gwen herd every herd-like animal and we can set a record!

I'm really hoping we can get her into some training programs this spring/summer. I feel like she would do so well in dog sports. If anything, I'm the one holding her back. And there just isn't the interest in this area. :/

I'll have to start taking more pictures since I figured out how to get them on here!

Airn

We went to the dog park today. We were surprised to find a couple of dogs there.

There was a HUGE Mastiff (Samson) and an adorable Aussie pup (Penny). The puppy reminded me of Merlin :D She was so soft and cute and Gwen loved playing with her. Samson was an extremely loving dog. His head came up to my boobs. I'm short, but still, he's a big boy. If it wasn't for the drool, I think he's a perfect dog.

Tried to get some pictures of Gwen and the dog together. Gwen was always moving so this was difficult.

Puppy creeping.

My foot compared to this monster dog's. He stepped on my foot and covered half of it. :yikes:

And Gwen.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
How did I miss these! Also, there's a whole section of pictures missing :(

I don't think I've seen pictures of her besides your avatar! She's adorable :D

Toller_08

She is adorable!! I missed these earlier as well, but glad I saw them now. She looks like a lot of fun. :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Gwen is adorable! I think this is the first time I've seen pictures of her, besides the one in your avatar. You'll have to post up pictures more often! :D

Airn

She's a pretty perfect inside/outside size, for us. She's around 30 lbs. She loves to run and play and goof around, but she's also a cuddle bug. :)

I'll fix the links today, hopefully and get a sig this weekend!

Thanks, guys!

Members online

No members online now.