Hannah and Lily aren't talking

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Today when me and the dogs were taking a nap on the bed Hannah got upset because Lily snuggled and put her head on my chest. Hannah never laid like that (she always lays at the foot of the bed). Well Hannah huffed and jumped off the bed and went and laid on the floor. I feel so bad, now she is avoiding Lily and doesn't want to play. I'm giving Hannah atleast two hours of me and Hannah time a day without Lily but I think she's jealous of her. Is there any way that I could help Hannah adjust a little better? She's never been this jealous of another doggy showing me affection before.

Saje

Island dweller
Maybe you should start some threads about your dog Hannah. :D Kidding.

I think you are doing things right. Maybe make Hannah the dominant dog by feeding her first, petting her first... at least for awhile.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I always do feed and pet her first and let her up on the bed and couch first. The only thing I let Lily do first is go outside but everything else Hannah gets done first. My friend said it may be because they are both girls and that is why Hannah is being so different towards Lily than she was towards Mack and Maverick.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
They're both still settling into each other. Sawyer got all sorts of huffy and pouty when we first got Aubrey but he's mostly over it now.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah that could be. It will probably just take time. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it. You haven't had her that long.

Doberluv

LOL. I love the title of your thread.

Gee, I have three dogs and they all want my attention and they all try to get there first. But they don't fight. I guess I just have an attitude. LOL. I just tell them all to buck up.

Members online

No members online now.