Babysitting Good Therapy for Maggie lol

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Okay so first off im not putting the little girl I babysit in harms way. But with Maggies HUGE fear of little girls I figured I could kill two birds with one stone.

The little girl I babysit daily is 2 years old and is a absolute animal lover. And luckily her mother has taught her the proper way to behave around animals. Atleast the best a 2 year old can behave I guess. Anyways the first day she was here I put Maggie in her crate. Just because the last experience she had with a little girl totally ruined any progress we had once made and I didn't want to scare the little girl with all of Maggies barking and carrying on.

Monday I had let Maggie sleep upstairs in my moms bed since I had to be up 4am that morning. The little girl was dropped off and was here for a couple hours before she spilled milk on her clothes lol. So I ran down in the basement to throw them in the dryer. Little did I know my mom had let Maggie out of the bedroom. When I came up there stood the little girl petting Maggie but I looked under Maggie where she submissive pee'd. Something she only does with little girls and men. I didn't make a big deal out of it just went and cleaned it up.

To my surprise Maggie did really well with the girl. She didn't bark or growl or whine which are her usual only responses to girls her age. I kept close tabs on them both and always carefully supervised pets and all of that. I could tell Maggie was very unsure but she allowed the little girl to do as she pleased. I was over all surprised and pleased at how well Maggie did honestly.

Today is going to be alittle different. When the little girl won't be here for anouther hour so Maggie has been up all morning with me. And Maggie tends to bark like she's a bad @$$ when people tend to come in the door. I also am not sure how she will respond to the little girl coming in the door. Since the other morning she was already here before Maggie got up. So I plan to just put her on her leash and correct her (like I always do) if she gets overly upset. Who knows it may go fine. And I want to make it clear Maggie May has NEVER EVER bit or even tried to bite anyone ever. She just has a growly bark. And I just don't want to risk the little girl getting huggy with her too soon and Maggie reacting which like I said she has never done. But Im just cautious.

BUT lol I do think this is good therapy for Maggie. I am hoping if she can learn this little girl is niceand is not a threat. Maybe that will help with other little girls in the future.

Gotta love those emotional dark past issues lol.

PixieSticksandTricks

Thanks :). I really do hope it works. She actually did really well when they got here I only had to correct her twice :). Now the little one is napping so thats easy enough.

Oh what a good girl. You've been blessed with such a great opportunity for Maggie to learn. Keep up with the progress updates!

Brattina88

Sounds like a good deal to me!
Let us know how it goes - Maddie used to be afraid of all children, and barked at them constantly. She's gotten MUCH better with age, and good experiences - in fact, you probably wouldn't be able to tell much anymore. *knocks on wood* LoL

wishbone

Yeah baby, hit the two birds there!

Glad everything is going fine and getting over her "fear factor".

PixieSticksandTricks

I am so happy right now. Maggie has decided she loves the little girl I have been babysitting. Like I said before I think it really helps that the little girl has been raised to behave around animals. Yesterday I noticed Maggie actually wagged her tail at her a tiny bit. Today when she got dropped off Maggie climbed right up on to the couch sniffing her face and wagging her tail like crazy! It sounds like its not such a big deal. But for a dog that usually panics and tries to run when a little girl is around. This is HUGE :). Actually right now Maggie is laying on the couch with her! I am so proud of her I just hope it helps with other little girls as well.

Now if I could just get her over her fear of men.......

cinmo7

Now all you have to do is get a man sitting job. hehe
Glad its working out for Maggie

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Now all you have to do is get a man sitting job. hehe
Glad its working out for Maggie

LOL! A man-sitter! That cracks me up!

Really, how many of us can relate to having a husband/boyfriend/SO that needed supervision? Lol!

You just made my morning. :)

Members online