The Good News thread

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
One nice thing about working 2 jobs is that I have enough money to make the food that I want. Every Sunday we have friends over to watch Top Gear. Tomorrow I'm making pot roast, homemade macaroni and cheese, and blueberry crumble bars. NOM NOM!

The only thing that could make it better would be a house with a grill!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE!! and oh what a relief it is..

-the rent is 1/2 what I was paying before
- I am renting a room in a lovely home with an older couple
- they love Merlin (and have a dog that loves Merlin)
- they are totally cool
- NO MORE PAYING FOR LAUNDRY
- the room is practically the size of my current apartment
- there is a yard!!
- It's right next to an ENORMOUS park!
- They are A OK with overnight guests and friends coming to visit and my boyfriend staying over

I am a city girl, always have been.. I've always lived within 10 feet of a sky scraper so this is very new to me! LOL it's only 10 minutes from the heart of the city and there are still plenty of restaurants and bars and fun things around but..
TREES!! TREES AND GRASS AND A YARD!!

This is literally me lol

but I'll get used to it :rofl1:

FG167

I HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE!! and oh what a relief it is..

-the rent is 1/2 what I was paying before
- I am renting a room in a lovely home with an older couple
- they love Merlin (and have a dog that loves Merlin)
- they are totally cool
- NO MORE PAYING FOR LAUNDRY
- the room is practically the size of my current apartment
- there is a yard!!
- It's right next to an ENORMOUS park!
- They are A OK with overnight guests and friends coming to visit and my boyfriend staying over

I am a city girl, always have been.. I've always lived within 10 feet of a sky scraper so this is very new to me! LOL it's only 10 minutes from the heart of the city and there are still plenty of restaurants and bars and fun things around but..
TREES!! TREES AND GRASS AND A YARD!!

This is literally me lol

but I'll get used to it :rofl1:
That sounds perfect, so happy for you! :)

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
i finally have a working phone again... my dad bought me a new one and now i have my little brothers otter box for it heck ya!!! :D

SpringerLover

One nice thing about working 2 jobs is that I have enough money to make the food that I want. Every Sunday we have friends over to watch Top Gear. Tomorrow I'm making pot roast, homemade macaroni and cheese, and blueberry crumble bars. NOM NOM!

The only thing that could make it better would be a house with a grill!
And a fenced backyard, so we can sit on our @sses and just watch the dogs, rather than have to... walk them!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
When I woke up this morning I had been sleeping on my own side of the bed. Gives me hope that I can do this.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
When I woke up this morning I had been sleeping on my own side of the bed. Gives me hope that I can do this.
:) *internet hug*

Only 98 days left until the worst is over and I can hug him! It's not him moving in or being "close" by any means.. but it'll be the same country, the same time zone, he will be able to drive up on weekends, we can call each other!

I hate the 13 hour time difference so the good news is, it's temporary!

the good news is.. I've found a guy that didn't make me think twice about the hassle. He fits. We are worth it.

DJEtzel

I... Don't remember posting here last night. :p

But seriously. AWESOME weekend. Live country music, family, friends, and I even got to meet a pretty awesome guy out of it all! Win. And I get to keep seeing him!

the good news is.. I've found a guy that didn't make me think twice about the hassle. He fits. We are worth it.
That is fantastic Fran! I am starting to see that difference and it's kind of awesome to see how things "fit".

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I... Don't remember posting here last night. :p

But seriously. AWESOME weekend. Live country music, family, friends, and I even got to meet a pretty awesome guy out of it all! Win. And I get to keep seeing him!

That is fantastic Fran! I am starting to see that difference and it's kind of awesome to see how things "fit".
I shall slowly convert you. :p Muwahahaha!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm amazing at writing bullshit. I mean just amazing. I wrote a cover letter for a job I don't even really want and it's phenomenal. Like I thought the last cover letter I wrote was fabulous, but NO. THIS ONE. I'M A GENIUS.

Now if only I will be lucky enough to be a Randomly Selected Winner from the, oh, thousands of people who will be applying for this job, and even get my cover letter read... you people HAVE to read this stuff, c'mon, it's GENIUS. READ IT.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm amazing at writing bullshit. I mean just amazing. I wrote a cover letter for a job I don't even really want and it's phenomenal. Like I thought the last cover letter I wrote was fabulous, but NO. THIS ONE. I'M A GENIUS.

Now if only I will be lucky enough to be a Randomly Selected Winner from the, oh, thousands of people who will be applying for this job, and even get my cover letter read... you people HAVE to read this stuff, c'mon, it's GENIUS. READ IT.
I had to read through thousands of resumes 6 months ago for a position we were hiring, and cover letters DO make a difference. They ALWAYS caught my eye and the people we chose for interviews all had cover letters.

Members online

No members online now.