Worst Foods You've Ever Had

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We were in the airport leaving Nicaragua last week, and wanted to get lunch before our flight to the US. There were only 2 places to eat: Subway and some sit down restaurant. We wanted to sit down and get drinks, so we chose the restaurant.

I'm sure you know where this is going.

The menu was mainly in Spanish, and with no prices. Lots of words get lost in translation... asking for "salsa" generally means ketchup, for example.

So we were reading this menu, and decided to go with chicken tacos. The description was... odd... "ketchup" was listed as a topping, so we just assumed it would be salsa.

Out come the tacos... and they are COVERED in mayo and ketchup :yikes: The shells were rock hard and the "chicken" that was actually in the tacos (one of Ian's tacos had no chicken, just a mayo/ketchup covered shell!) was charred to death.

We didn't even touch the plates... and each order was $8 so we paid $16 for 4 terrible tacos.

Luckily, we had enough time to get Subway afterwards.

So... worst foods you've ever had- discuss!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
The "saw mill gravy" at Cracker Barrel I'm pretty convinced it was named for its main ingredient, saw dust. Blechk!!

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Boiled sheep's head. Visited my then Norwegian boyfriend's family with him in Norway over New Year's and that's a traditional meal.

Can't say it was horrible quality-wise, but it definitely still haunts me.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I am going to China in 2 weeks, so I will be sure to find something to add to this list!!!!

ACooper

BEETS! hands down, no question, BEETS! <insert barf smiley here>

Anything with cilantro.
:yikes: *wounded* I have a lovely pot of it growing on my front porch right now! come over and I'll chop up some fresh salsa :D

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
It was at a local restaurant when we were on vacation out west. Their green beans were still FROZEN when they gave them to me. I asked them about it and they said it was the way they served them. Maybe it is just me, but I prefer my green beans cooked :p:

Other than that, I can't really think of any other bad food experiences. lol

The "saw mill gravy" at Cracker Barrel I'm pretty convinced it was named for its main ingredient, saw dust. Blechk!!
Say what?! Their gravy is the bomb!!!

thehoundgirl

Taco chicken salad at El Taco. It was just gross, I couldn't even take more than one bite. My family had something different but they were also expensive. We just went home and ate cereal. :lol-sign:

Also Chicken Greek Salad at Montana Club. It was full of onions, no way around them so I couldn't eat it. It was expensive too, around $10 for a big salad that was gross.

Bailey08

I found a cockroach in my Caesar salad once. I had already eaten a good portion of the salad before he appeared.

It still makes me feel icky to think about.

Snark

Mutts to you
Traveling to a fencing tournament, we stopped at some little Italian place in Louisville, KY for dinner - had the WORST spaghetti, tasted like they'd put a tire in the sauce.

RD

Are you dead yet?
The "tacos" from mcdonalds or burger king.

In Mexico, probably the worst thing I've had is what looked like a hunk of dried papaya encrusted in sugar. It looked DELICIOUS, and I was expecting a dehydrated papaya that had been sugared. When I cut into it, it was slimy and gooey underneath the sugar coating, the texture was disgusting and the flavor was WORSE! It tasted like old, moldy sugar. Not like fruit at all. All I could taste was gross sugar. Ugh.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Back in Wisconsin, i got ear wigs in my pizza from...somewhere. Can't remember. Didn't go back.

Crawfish at a Chinese buffet. All wrong, all terrible

Barbara!

Spaghetti in Germany. They baked the noodles and burnt them, and the meat was slimy. That's not the worst thing I've had though, just the only thing I could think of right now.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Fresh apple off the tree...that had a worm in it. EWWWWWWWWWWW. I didn't eat the worm, but there is nothing more disgusting than taking a bite of a delicious apple and than realizing an inch away there is a worm also enjoying the apple. Bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh. I think I washed my mouth out with soap. LOL

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Anything from Denny's. That place nauseates me... maybe because my great-grandmother died there. D:

My sister makes Croatian food that tastes AWFUL. Like, horrible. She isn't from Croatia but tries to make it for her Croatian husband. She made these giant, baked tomatoes filled with feta cheese and olives and gross things and I almost vommed. His Mom made "Croatian Baklava" and I could not bare to even pretend to eat it. It was gooey, horrible, and weird. And filled with some sort of mashed up nut goo. The pastry part of it was soaking wet and mushy. I guess I'm not a fan of Croatian food.

My sister dared me to eat a spoonful of green tripe, once. She said she'd give me $20... she never did!!! Ewww it was so hard to get the taste out of my mouth.

Members online

No members online now.