Reecie's weight?

Picklepaige

I'm having trouble figuring out if Reecie is a good weight or not. She's been maintaining a weight of about 60 lbs for the past couple of years, and I think she's a good weight, but I've put pictures of her on here recently, and people have commented that she's OVERweight :confused:

Is it just the way she's built? Her spine and all of her ribs are very easily felt. She doesn't really have a tuck up, but she also has a bunch of loose skin that probably hides it. Also, keep in mind she just turned 13.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I suck at telling from pictures, and really, only you know ;)

I've had people on here tell me Rosey is overweight. Yet I don't even push and I can feel her ribs, and as I pet her I can feel her spine (if you go back and forth real fast, she gets the shivers :p )

She doesnt really have a tuck up, she's so awkwardly built. She's like a tank in the front, and skinny in the back.

Really, people just think because THEIR dog looks one way, if your dog doesn't look like it, it's wrong. It's people everywhere, really. Different is bad :p

If you feel she's at a good weight, she likely is

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Honestly, I wish most labs looked like her! She looks good to me, especially for an older girl. I can see she does have quite a bit of loose skin hanging down, which might be creating the appearance of being heavier than she is?

Picklepaige

Thanks guys!

Maybe it was just the angle of the pictures I took that made people think that? And Emily, the loose skin is what I was thinking as well. She used to be EXTREMELY overweight, and then I took over her feeding and exercise, and she dropped the slimmed down pretty quickly.

This is what she used to look like...

Xandra

LOL OMG she's like a seal in that photo. :D

No not overweight, and I don't see how someone can look at those pics and think overweight lol. "angles" or no.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
She looks good!!
Though now you'll get the "omg you're dog is emaciated" comments. Because you know... Labs as a breed are not skinny dogs. LOL

javadoo

She looks good to me....and in no way overweight.
I have chocolate lab girls also and I keep them lean.

Quite a difference from what she used to look like...good job taking the weight off of her!!

Members online

No members online now.