Working Kelpie Photos

mrose_s

BusterLove
These are some photo's I took when I went out to my uncles farm on christmas day, hs dogs are Smokey (red and tan, 12+ years old, he's the reason I fell for the breed) and Toby (black and tan, 12 months old, still learning. Will follow Smokey to the end of the earth)

Smokey remind me wayy too much of Buster in both looks and personality.

Smokey, waiting

Toby

Both boys with my uncle

Little Bart

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Do kelpies usually work with there tails up? I know some breeds that I've seen do, but I've never seen a keplie work :eek: :p

mrose_s

BusterLove
Cooling off afterwards

Okay, thats it I think.

All their dogs are amazing, they had 4 toddlers playing in the house yard, and none of them even took a second glance. Smokey moved away to sit by himself because it was all a bit rowdy but that was it. It was so nice to see him again.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Do kelpies usually work with there tails up? I know some breeds that I've seen do, but I've never seen a keplie work :eek: :p
Honestly, not sure but I don't think so.

I've read that they work very similar to BC's but don't know enough myself. lol

goosey

Toby was so cute. He follows Smokey every where, when Smokey stops Toby runs up the back of him. He's still learning off Smokey but i think when he's older he'll be great.

Wow, your keplies are built much more like cattle dogs than the ones I have seen here in the states. Nice looking dogs. Loved the pictures.

BostonBanker

Wow, your keplies are built much more like cattle dogs than the ones I have seen here in the states. Nice looking dogs. Loved the pictures.
That's what I was thinking! Very cool, though. It's still a breed I have interest in owning someday, although at this point it is probably further in the future than I had originally planned.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Thought you might like a look :)

Smokey looks a lot bulkier these days, his fur has done that old dog thing and started to go fluffy lol.

Sorry the photo's arn't great, we only had my dad p&s and we were standing in the back of the ute, I have him sending me some photo's of Smokey from 6+ years ago that are a bit better quality, just pics of him sitting around and stuff. I'll post them when they arrive.

Heres the photo Section of the Working Kelpie Council Website.

http://www.wkc.org.au/Pictures.html

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.