The Venting Thread

DJEtzel

Ok... my vent is about people who just ignore people quoting them and correcting them hundreds of times and just moving on like they didn't make a fool of themselves with no explanation. Either argue your point or admit you were wrong!

Also, leader dogs being placed with incompetent raisers. How does that happen? I feel obliged to write a letter to the organization and tell them they need to take that dog back! :eek:

Red.Apricot

Took my exam. It went poorly. :[

Then drove home (12 miles), got my boyfriend, turned around, drove him to work which is right where I was already. I wanted to go to the lake with Elsie, but she tore a pad, and is acting like EVERYTHING IS SCARY TODAY OMG LOOK ANOTHER DOG LOOK A CAR LOOK and we went to the petstore, but they didn't have anything I wanted, and when I drove home the freeway was backed up so I got off; the street was stopped so I went a different way.

Basically it's three now, it's too hot to do anything outside, I can't take Elsie to the lake or creek because of her foot, and I'm super cranky.

I hate everything.

Lyzelle

Dealing with my ex-husband is such a pain in the ass. He's lazy, self-absorbed and a pathological liar who can't ever keep his story straight. He goes between trying to win me back through "kindness" and charm, or guilt tripping me into staying with him. And then the ever lingering, "you're a POS anyway, so I wouldn't want you" and "any man would have left you after what I put up with".

Dude. Wait until you date other chicks. I can ASSURE YOU very few are going to deal with the never-showering, disgusting, selfish 10 minutes in bed, never cooks, never cleans, has no concept of responsibility or getting things done, refuses to learn to drive, abusive prick YOU ARE for TWO ****ING YEARS LIKE I DID.

Good luck.

By the way, if I'm so worthless to you, GIVE ME THE ****ING DIVORCE.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Dealing with my ex-husband is such a pain in the ass. He's lazy, self-absorbed and a pathological liar who can't ever keep his story straight. He goes between trying to win me back through "kindness" and charm, or guilt tripping me into staying with him. And then the ever lingering, "you're a POS anyway, so I wouldn't want you" and "any man would have left you after what I put up with".

Dude. Wait until you date other chicks. I can ASSURE YOU very few are going to deal with the never-showering, disgusting, selfish 10 minutes in bed, never cooks, never cleans, has no concept of responsibility or getting things done, refuses to learn to drive, abusive prick YOU ARE for TWO ****ING YEARS LIKE I DID.

Good luck.

By the way, if I'm so worthless to you, GIVE ME THE ****ING DIVORCE.
You are a saint for putting up with all that he was lucky to have you.

BostonBanker

We're getting actual summer weather this week. Boo. 94 all week. Boo.
Low to mid 50s with rain, rain and more rain. No sun in sight. I'll send you half of mine if you send me half of yours and we can have the middle?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Just when I thought I've seen the worst of people, I'm proven wrong :mad:

David took Talon down the far stairs while I grabbed a few things. I hear a dog barking (not Talon) and a girl yelling so I go outside to make sure Talon and David are fine. Look over the railing and see David walking down the second floor stairs with Talon looking back, but everything looked fine. Then I see another dog that lives here coming down the stairs behind them barking. It's a stocky and scruff mix 25lb I see all the time, pretty good dog, obviously doesn't like other dogs. It's rare to see people leash their dogs here, unfortunately this dog has come after Talon before. Honestly, the dog wasn't "serious" about it, seemed more to scare Talon away. Didn't even make contact even though it had plenty of chances, Talon wasn't really scared even.

ANyways, I keep watching to make sure it doesn't actually attack. David keeps walking calmly down, and the dog stops at the second level because the girl keeps yelling at it. It cowers down and lays on it's side obviously scared. The girl comes down, grabs the dogs scruff, picks it up 5 freaking feet (up to the girls face) and carries it by the scruff to the wall of the apartment and starts banging it against the wall!!! :yikes:

I honestly thought the dogs skin was going to rip, as it's a heavy dog, but she banged it against the wall a good 3 times, then just let's go, drops it to the ground and it lands on it's back and yelps. She then grabs it's face and drops it's head on the ground and yells at it.

Then puts the leash on and walks it down to the lawn to her car. I go downstairs shocked, then I see it cowering, draggin behind her and it's collar slips off. The dog didn't even try to slip the collar, the **** thing was just so big it didn't stay on as the dog cowered. Dog immediately lays on it's back cowering and shaking, didn't try to run. The girl grabs the dog by it's scruff and slams it against the ground twice. Yells at the dog and then slams it one more time before shoving the collar on and yelling at it as she get's it into the car. :mad:

I didn't even know what to do honestly. I tried yelling at her when she first started slamming the dog against the apartment, but it didn't phase her at all. I don't kow what's wrong with people. This is an all time low in my opinion. Argh! :mad::mad::mad:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
my SSI disability claim was denied and i got the letter today

yay bleak pit of despair and self loathing
I have no idea what your disability is or how long you've been waiting, but I do know that people often get rejected then approved the next time they apply.
I also suggest seeking out a lawyer who specializes in this. Often the fee process is that if you get approved they'll take a certain amount of your SSI until they're paid off, and nothing if you don't get approved with their help.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Millie. My heart and soul and partner. I'm so scared because she's getting older and it's like it's all happening at once.
Thinking of life without her is just simply intolerable. She's been my best friend since I was 10 years old. I can't stand watching her slow down. She's supposed to be with me for many more years and years. That used to be the case but the years are getting fewer before my eyes.

For all of you who have lost their heart dogs I must sound like a whiny idiot despairing over something that hasn't even happened yet. I'm just. . .well, having a freakout.

Millie. My heart and soul and partner. I'm so scared because she's getting older and it's like it's all happening at once.
Thinking of life without her is just simply intolerable. She's been my best friend since I was 10 years old. I can't stand watching her slow down. She's supposed to be with me for many more years and years. That used to be the case but the years are getting fewer before my eyes.

For all of you who have lost their heart dogs I must sound like a whiny idiot despairing over something that hasn't even happened yet. I'm just. . .well, having a freakout.
Totally understand this. Magpie is far (I hope) from leaving us, but recently she has started to have moments of senility and slowed down so much. Some days I get so worked up about it.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06

You dont sound like a whiny idiot. I lost my heart dog 4 years ago in Oct. Cherish every moment you have with her. I only got to spend 4 1/2 years with mine. Every moment is a gift.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have these moments a lot with Auggie and he's only seven. I don't have any real reason to freak out about it. But that sure doesn't stop me. =/ I think in a way it's almost normal. We know it's inevitable. Their lives are so much shorter than ours...

Saeleofu

Totally understand this. Magpie is far (I hope) from leaving us, but recently she has started to have moments of senility and slowed down so much. Some days I get so worked up about it.
I totally do it too. Gavroche is going to be 6 this year, but with all his issues that scares the crap out of me. I mean, 6 isn't old, but he's a boxer with problems...I get worked up every time we put down a boxer under 10 years old at the clinic, which happens way too often :(

Saeleofu

Apparently I'm having an allergic reaction to something, but I have no idea what. All I can think of is my soap, but I've used it before with no problems, and it's not like it's loaded with crap or anything. Ugh.

It started on my finger, then my face, then my belly, and now my arm. STOP. JUST STOP. I think I'm going to load up on Benadryl and go to bed >.<

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh God I'm going to be so dead at work tomorrow. I should have went to bed a while ago, I have to be up in 6 hours and yeah... I don't function well on that amount of sleep. BUT IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT and I just wanted to enjoy it like a normal person and not care about work tomorrow.

And then I have to go spend the afternoon at my cousin's graduation party. Blech.

I totally do it too. Gavroche is going to be 6 this year, but with all his issues that scares the crap out of me. I mean, 6 isn't old, but he's a boxer with problems...I get worked up every time we put down a boxer under 10 years old at the clinic, which happens way too often :(
A couple weeks ago we had to let our elderly office dog at work go and it kicked the paranoia into hyper drive for me. It drives me the most crazy that I have no idea how old she is other than the vet estimates of "roughly 10." Jonas will only be 8 this year, but he's a hot mess so I worry about him more than I probably should.

Dogs should never age, imo. Jerks.

Members online