[questionnaire] how do you keep your dog supplies organized

alter5ego

Hi

[questionnaire] how do you keep your dog supplies organized?

I am product design student and I’m working on a project to design an organizer for pet products.

I’d really appreciate if you could answer the questions below. Thanks!

1. List all the pet products/supplies you own currently.

2. Where do you keep all the pet products/supplies? (food, treats, toys, leash, meds, documents, etc)

3. Is there a specific type of organizer you use to keep all these?

4. What are some the issues you have when keeping your pet products organized?

5. describe you ideal organizer for pet product/supplies.

6. (Optional) Lastly, I’d appreciate if you could upload or send me some pictures of where and how you keep your pet products .
(email : [email protected])

If you want, I’ll keep you updated on my project!
Thanks for you time ☺

Jiana

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Just a pointer -- if you want people to help you, you should come in and introduce yourself, not just obviously join just to get marketing advice. Many of our members ignore threads like this, it just shows that there really is no interest in the site, just what you could get from it, now what you could give into it

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think that is the car...lets see...some leashes either in the front or back floorboards, for sure a couple in the trunk. Stash of water, bowl, first aid kit . OTher than that the board with knobs by the front door organizes the rest. THe window sill in the kitchen holds their meds. That's about it..oh the other side of the bed floor holds their toys. THere is a photobook somewhere that has some stuff in it, other paperwork i think is in the glove box. Chazhound holds their history.

Ooops forgot Victor has 3 binders on a shelf..one for Pets for LIfe, one for Northcare Hospice, and one for LEash Pals. All relating to his therapy work..that and a trick or treat pumpkin bucket with an elvis wig and costume, and a bag of cookies.

I think there hs a nylabone somewhere between the sofa cushions.:rolleyes:

CaliTerp07

Leashes and collars are in a basket by the door. Her toys are in a basket in the living room. Her food is in the closet in the bag it came in. Treats are in containers in the kitchen. Her meds are in the bathroom medicine cabinet. Her paperwork is with all our important paperwork, in the file box.

Honestly? It doesn't make sense to me to put all this stuff together. Her toys are in the room where we play with them, her leashes are by the door where we use them for easy access. Treats and food are near where we feed her or practice training. Meds are only given once a month (flea/tick/heartworm), so it doesn't make sense to take up counter space with them in the kitchen--I hide them in the bathroom.

I'm all about easy access and practicality.

We have a cabnet in the kitchen dedicated to all the dog stuff. Shampoos, grooming sprays, treats,supplementsetc.... All the brushes, nail clippers etc... are in a plastic rubbermade type of case. If you look in the storage isle of any walmart or similar store, there are TONS of storage containers that would work fine.(Thats where I got mine). I don't think many people are going to spend more money on "special" containers "just for dogs" when all these others work the same for way less $. And, there are already organizers out there for the professional groomer and competitor.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lol my clippers are in my purse because i do so many other people's dog's nails it is just the most reasonable place to keep it.

Brattina88

Not organized here! :D

I have a big plastic tote for most of it, and I try to keep the grooming supplies in the shelf above the washer & dryer. But I have stuff all over the house. Too much to list! :p

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
well her toys are wherever she last left them. Food is in the pantry, leash on a hook, grooming and preventative meds (heartguard and frontline) are in a basket in the kitchen.

So we're all spread out.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Leashes in collars are in the drawer right by the door.

shampoo/conditioner and brushes are in the bathroom

Dog food is in kitchen cupboard right next to the bowls

and toys are in a toy box located in the living room

..thats basically it. and no I would not buy a pet organizer, cheaper and better kind of products could be found at the container store or walmart

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Leashes and collars are in a basket by the door. Her toys are in a basket in the living room. Her food is in the closet in the bag it came in. Treats are in containers in the kitchen. Her meds are in the bathroom medicine cabinet. Her paperwork is with all our important paperwork, in the file box.

Honestly? It doesn't make sense to me to put all this stuff together. Her toys are in the room where we play with them, her leashes are by the door where we use them for easy access. Treats and food are near where we feed her or practice training. Meds are only given once a month (flea/tick/heartworm), so it doesn't make sense to take up counter space with them in the kitchen--I hide them in the bathroom.

I'm all about easy access and practicality.

ditto.

filarotten

Fila the love
I keep two leashes in the trailblazer in case of emergency, like the house catches on fire and we have to run outside.

Two toy boxes, Brutie's is in the family room, and Cleo's is in the study with us. She digs in hers a lot more than Brutie does.

Dog blankies are in the study. I bought them child size sleeping bags, they fit inside little back packs that came with them, perfect if we get evacuated.

All other dog stuff is kept in a cabinet in my laundry room.

SpringerLover

I'm semi-organized.

All pertinent registration/health/etc stuff is in a three ring binder, all paperwork in sleeves.

Leashes, collars, harnesses, etc are scattered around the house. Tracking gear stays in my car mostly. Always a bowl in there, often times water too.

Right now there's a bag o' dog stuff on Buzz's crate. It was moved from on top of the file cabinet when company came.

Toys are scattered around the house, we tried to have toy boxes but... hah.

I do know where just about everything is, and there's a big tub o' animal stuff in the basement too.

Xandra

His food is in the freezer.

He doesn't have any bowls.

His toys are outside.

His leash is on the bench downstairs.

His grooming stuff is wherever I left it.

I don't need a pet organizer, and ditto Fran, if I need containers I get tupperware.

bubbatd

I have a plastic tub on pantry shelf for meds etc., tub in garage with brushes etc , Dog food in garage , toys in wicker basket , collars and leashes hung on pegs on doorway to garage . Dog treats on counter in doggy jar . BTW. The tubs are from hospital visits .

mrose_s

BusterLove
I have nail clippers, leashes, toys, training bag + clicker, food, brushes, treats, shampoo, conditioners, supplements, bowls, crate, bed etc.

Bowls live in teh kicthen, toys are in a box in the loungeroom, bed ins in crate in my room. Everything else is in my "Buster Cupboard" in the laundry. His kibble is kept in a plastic box in there, I have a small set of draws, one draw is his treats, the other is his grooming stuff, the third is his meds draw (fleas/worms etc) everything else just kinda sits on the shelves in the cupboard.

BullMastiffMama

Will Work for Kibble
1. List all the pet products/supplies you own currently.

Capone's got more junk than I do. I'm feeling very discouraged at the moment about making an itemized list... I'll try to include them as I go if I can remember.

2. Where do you keep all the pet products/supplies? (food, treats, toys, leash, meds, documents, etc)

Food: Fridge/Freezer.
Treats: Fridge.
Toys: his donut (tiger-striped ring thing) is in the toolbox of the truck, tiny donut on a shelf in garage for impromptu play in backyard, plastic basketball dumbbell (clearance) toy is carefully hidden under his poufy in his crate, I think he stashed a ball in my closet, and what remains of the 'indestructable' black kong got thrown away ten minutes ago after finding it in the dark with my pinkie toe and lots of potty mouth.

Anyway, where was I?
Ah - Leash: traffic lead by the front door, footlong leather lead and superlong nylon by the back door, backup in floorboard in the back of the truck, another backup in the toolbox of the truck. Meds: worm preventative (all year) and 'bug juice' (seasonal) are next to my meds in the kitchen cabinet. Documents are in the file safe. Emergency stuff in case I'm not around and boyfriend goes braindead: on fridge. In bold print, no less.

3. Is there a specific type of organizer you use to keep all these?

Everything else pertaining to him is stuffed in a massive canvas tote. *shrug* At least I know where to find it when I need it. The list on the fridge has "important stuff" and it's location.

4. What are some the issues you have when keeping your pet products organized?

Nil, thus far.

5. describe you ideal organizer for pet product/supplies.

Thus far, my screwball system hasn't failed me, and it's routine. I wouldn't change it if you paid me.

6. (Optional) Lastly, I’d appreciate if you could upload or send me some pictures of where and how you keep your pet products .
(email : [email protected])

No existing pics, so I chose to omit this one.

If you want, I’ll keep you updated on my project!
Thanks for you time

Jiana

FWIW, good pet owners are a tough market.... They'd rather have the spare cash than an 'organizer' that eventually takes up space in the basement. The idea of a singular place for all of my dog's stuff sounds like a PIA. Take heed! ;)

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Leashes hang by the door, extra collars are kept in a stocking that permanently hangs also by the door. Toys are in a toy box in my room. Preventatives, shampoos, etc are kept in the cupboard in my room. Grooming supplies are in the same stocking as the extra collars. There's some random stuff that's kept in a box on top of Upendi's crate. Really keeping all their stuff in one place isn't that appealing. I like to keep it where it's easily accessible for whatever purpose it serves.

And quite honestly, I could pick up set of plastic drawers that would work pretty well for that at the dollar store for pretty cheap.

Members online

No members online now.