Quinn and Zander Update

Lyzelle

Quinn is doing fantastic. I cannot stress how utterly thrilled I am with this puppy. I may have wavered often and considered other dogs, breeds, and breeders. At first, I definitely struggled connecting with her on a more personal level, and I think anyone who had their solo heart dog for a long amount of time would understand that. It's really an experience learning that just because you have a heart dog, it doesn't mean you don't love other dogs. You do, just not as much. And there isn't anything wrong with that. Where Zander and I clicked immediately (although we had our fair share of struggles), Quinn and I grow together - sometimes in small, agonizing steps and other times in leaps and bounds. BeAu is her person, through and through. He was the one that handled her during her puppy graduation test, and they simply flourish together. I am thoroughly excited to see what her future holds for her, because she really has no limits. Her breeder and trainer have not let me down in the slightest. We are striving for so many goals it's almost hard to wait!

I did seriously mistake her for Fiona yesterday, though. Marking-wise, she looks SO much like her mother. I was very confused when I looked out in the yard and was like, "How did Fiona get out there?" Whoops. You can definitely see Jesse in there too, though. I like big butts and I cannot lie?

Now Zander. Possibly one of my favorite times of the day is when BeAu comes home and greets the dogs. "Hello Waner. You are a Waner." Because it's totally true. He's been blowing his coat like crazy this season. He did it when we first moved West, and again when we first moved back South. I should have sorta expected it after that, but Zander sheds like crazy anyway. He's been on Cosequin, Multi-Vitamins, coconut oil, and a body-builder type powder for a few weeks now, so maybe I didn't really think about it? I dunno. But he's darn near bald. It's insane. It's also more obvious how much muscle mass and weight he's lost, too. I had a sad today, not gonna lie. I was laughing it up on Facebook and joking about how he looks like a lanky two year old teenager and all, but honestly it hurt just a little bit. I'm anxious to get the weight and muscle back on him this fall. It's been about 15-16 weeks since we first started dealing with all this crap. We're just gonna keep pushing forward.

But seriously. This was July 2013, compared to today.

And after his bath:

Yes, folks, that is not an illusion. And this is one I did not post on facebook. That is his spine, very prominent. Is that not insane? Maybe it is just me. I don't know. Also those srsly cow-hocked feet. But we are definitely open to low-impact muscle building exercises! Definitely for his topline and butt. I can't deal with the bones. I really just can't. He is a 2004 model, but he's never been out of condition (or the very least weight) in his life. I'm in denial. Or anti-denial?

But otherwise, he is doing very good. Plenty of energy, as to be expected when you stick a husky in a house for a couple months. He still pretty much refuses to acknowledge Quinn. Just Quinn. He adores Fiona, Faith, Willow...everyone. Loves and adores everyone. Except Quinn. Puppy? What puppy? Puppies don't exist.

Members online

No members online now.