"Dangerous dog” Registry

AliciaD

On second thought...
One dog, a coonhound named Briggs, did this to earn him on VA's registry:

"Bit a Yorkshire Terrier in Dog Park resulting in injuries to the Yorkshire Terrier."

I'm confused though. What was the nature of the bite? Is this dog dog-aggressive? If so, why was he at a Dog Park? Or is he just DA with small dogs? Was the Yorkie doing something antagonistic and the Coonhound over-corrected? Did the Coonhound go into prey drive because the Yorkie was so small?

Also, what if the dog had a thyroid issue or was in a lot of pain, and a vet saw him and treated him? Personally, I see a lot of holes in this.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
One dog, a coonhound named Briggs, did this to earn him on VA's registry:

"Bit a Yorkshire Terrier in Dog Park resulting in injuries to the Yorkshire Terrier."

I'm confused though. What was the nature of the bite? Is this dog dog-aggressive? If so, why was he at a Dog Park? Or is he just DA with small dogs? Was the Yorkie doing something antagonistic and the Coonhound over-corrected? Did the Coonhound go into prey drive because the Yorkie was so small?

Also, what if the dog had a thyroid issue or was in a lot of pain, and a vet saw him and treated him? Personally, I see a lot of holes in this.

Yeah, I think its all completely ridiculous. I think the "Dangerous" etc. designations need to be more clearly defined. I mean, why can a dog be giving the same designation both for killing some random cat, biting a tiny dog, or biting a human being? It makes no sense to me.

Members online

No members online now.