Transport Needed

milos_mommy

I mentioned that there was a whippet in a local shelter and my boss was trying to get her, it didn't work out and she was very disappointed.

She told me she doesn't care if she can't meet the dog before hand and would adopt out-of-state.

There are three female whippets in Saint Clairesville, OH, being fostered through the Belmont County Animal Shelter. They are willing to do out-of-state adoptions.

I will give her the # tomorrow but if they decide to let her take one of the dogs, I told her I'd find a way to get the dog to Long Island :eek:...

So I'm wondering if in the next week or so, we can organize getting a dog from Ohio to Long Island, NY. Someone would have to pick up the dog in Saint Clairesville, OH and she'd need to go through PA, I could pick the dog up in Jersey, so basically all I need is someone to pull her and get her through PA.

My boss is a wonderful woman who has had some tough times and really would be over the moon if she could have a whippet, she's probably had 15-20 rescue/adopted seniors/special needs/other dogs throughout the past 20 years and this is her dream dog, not to mention the dog would have the best life ever. So I really hope we can manage to do this.

Mum2mutts

I am in Central NJ/close to Eastern Pa

(My husband would def try to keep a Whippet if we had one in the car- his fav dog ever!)

milos_mommy

She actually might be taking a dog from upstate, in which case she will or i will go pick the dog up.

If that dog doesn't pass getting along with other dogs, I will be trying to get transport from OH.

Depends on when I guess.. how far in the future I would have to plan. I rarely get days off anymore now that I'm working 2 jobs :p

showluver

I'm only about 30 minutes from St Clairesville OH. I could do a pick up and a bit of driving if someone could meet me to pick up from the PA area.

Members online