Not quite how I wanted to be woken up...

Kimbers

Kailey has a very precise morning schedule. She gets up at five, groans at my door until I open it, then darts into my mum's room and cuddles for a bit before she is let out. I go back to sleep for an hour, then she has breakfast and a walk.
But today, when she jumped back into my bed at six, her muzzle felt especially furry.
And muddy.
I turned on the light to see a squirrel tail sitting between her front paws, the dog's looped tail whirling about in delight as she waited for some praise. This thing had clearly been buried and dug up, who knows how many times. At least tails are just bone and fur...
The thing is, my dad let her in, saw her carrying the tail, and though it would be hilarious if she showed it to me as I'm a bit squeamish. Yeah, thanks. Not sure my sheets well ever be clean now.

spiffy

Ekkk!:yikes: No doubt your dog gave you a gift with a big bang! Aren't dogs wonderful? No other pet would share their loot with their owners. Never mind the dirty (and smelly) sheets. Bringing in their hunted or dug up prey is one way of showing their love for the human friend. Kudos to the sense of humor of your dad though.

Members online

No members online now.