Introducing Dogs?

I am signing paper work tomorrow to adopt a border collie mix from the animal shelter. The border was a badly abused stray. She is 1 year,8 months old. Should I bring my beagle and cocker spaniel to the shelter to have a meet-and-greet before signing papers? My pups were well socialized with other dogs and are spayed and nuetered so I am not worried about them. They said the border collie mix gets on well with other dogs but is just really fearful. So should I introduce the three tomorrow?

bubbatd

I would . When daughter and hubby found what they thought would be a great dog , they brought Hunter to meet him and he was attacked ! Even the shelter guy was surprised . I'd do one at a time and then the three together . Good luck!!et us know !

Brattina88

I agree with grammy

I would, just to introduce them on neutral territory... before its a done deal... just in case ;)
Even the most well socialized/friendly dogs can't be expected to get along with every dog in the world.

Re

Ill take Brownie the beagle to meet Maxi and then cuddles the cocker spaniel. I hope all goes well. Wish me luck!!

Re

I can post pics of Brownie, Cuddles, and Maxi separetly right now.

This is Brownie.

This is Cuddles.

This is baby Maxi/

mrose_s

BusterLove
pretty, I would guess the BC is pure aswell.

The general consensus is to introduce on neutral territory. With Buster though, I would have to bring the dog home to him and introduce them int he backyard

bubbatd

I do hope that they all get along ....from their demure they should !!

Re

I introed them and they all get along fine. Cuddles and Maxi had some issues but otherwise perfect!!! yyyyay!!

Yes Maxi is pure.

lol brattina

Erm, do you even own those dogs? All those photos are hosted on different websites.

Also, the BC looks like it is in a show stack.. not a shy dog living in a shelter. I did a Google image search for "border collie" and that photo showed up on the first page.

Please dont post on my threads again!!! Of course I do!! I am feeling really pressured here. And thats not the way its supposed to be here!!

Re

Oh wait sorry!! The pics arent mine but my pups look exactly like that. I couldnt get mine to load. truly sry. ignore the 1st post i had forgotten mine wouldnt load

Brattina88

:(
next time, why not post that your having a problem with pics ;) instead of using other's as your own

Members online