out of it after spay

R

RedyreRottweilers

The scars can itch like mad when they are healing. You can use an ecollar, but a really easy way to hide the incision is with some panty hose. Cut a leg off, and cut the top part near the thigh of a length so it will cover her belly. Cut slits for the front legs. Slip it on, and put her front legs through the slits. Then cut slits for the back legs. Voila. No more getting to the incision.

You can also use a T shirt the same way, but it's harder because you have to pin it up on the back and it's not as elastic as panty hose.

That redness looks NASTY! You might want to take her to the Vet and have him check for infection. It looks pretty inflamed.

Pam

bubbatd

I personally was amazed at her age they didn't keep her over night, but didn't want to say anything. I agree with the above postings. She shouldn't be licking the area. I had a foster dog in and found that an anticeptic powder soothed the area and kept her from licking... but one thing doesn't help them all. Check with your vet... he/she SHOULD help!

imsoconfused1593

Princess's mommie!!
hmm..so we went to the vet 2day and shes going through a false pregnancy (again) he said since now theres no uterus he body thinks shes had puppies so now shes producing milk so she has antibiotics 4 that...o and the redness has gone down greatly and she is now not licking that much at all the vet said she was licking beacuse the healing process itches and im spose to call him if she starts licking alot again..also shes been nesting with whatever i have on the floor(yesterday it was clean laundry she took out of the basket..urgh)...shes getting her stitches removed tuesday so im kinda happy about that so she can do normal stuff again
bubbatd:i was amazed she got to come home that quickly too but im glad she did because i think she would have been even more disoriented at the vets office in a cage
thewhitewitchone: he said nothing about an infection because most of the redness is gone now but even if she did have a small infection, I THINK the antibiotics for the milk she is producing will help clear that up

imsoconfused1593

Princess's mommie!!
Ahhhh! I Noticed A Small Amount Of Brownish-pinkish Liquid Coming Out Of One Of Princess's Sutures! Is This An Infection? Were Going 2 The Vet 2mro Morning So He Can Check It Out...:eek:

Members online