Random cheese question.

joce

We have a cheesebarn store here I love! Some of the peppery hit cheeses are good and there are just so many flavors. When we go to Amish country I eat so much of it I swear I'll never touch it again!

Catsi

I'm in Australia and cheese is very popular here as well. You get a pretty good variety even in the supermarkets these days. The range has certainly increased over the last 5-10 years, for sure.

I love sampling the local cheeses when I visit different places.

Cheese platters are quite common when you eat out or if you are going somewhere and bringing a plate.

One thing I personally hadn't tried was cheese, crackers and pickles/chutney until recently. My friend treated me to that with Bramston/Branston (can't remember) pickle and it was just awesome. I'm more used to just having a range of cheeses with crackers with some fruit on the platter.

My favourite is camembert, harvarti and the cheese that comes with apricots and almonds in it - almost like a guilty pleasure that one. I've actually never heard of Wensleydale cheese... I have to restrain myself so I don't run off to the store to see if I've just been missing it all these years!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Major cheese and crackers want now.... Major need!!!

Mmmmmmmm.

It's Branston pickle. Kind of a generic pickle brand over here! Nice in a cheese sandwich!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I spent the last 7 years of my life working in the deli section of Sobeys (Canadian higher-end grocery store). The selection of cheese that we carried would get pretty crazy at times. I was lucky and got to try anything I wanted :p

I think my absolute favourite was the old Applewood Smoked Cheddar, just amazing. Or the kaltbach cave gruyere....

And if we didn't have it in store? It could always be ordered

Members online

No members online now.