Other interests?

Barbara!

Not sure what forum to put this in....hope I got it right.

So, obviously, we are all obsessed with dogs...but do you guys have other interests that may be equal to or on par with your obsession with doggies? Even if they are not equal, what are they?

I really like art and music. And cats and fish and birds. I'm not just interested in dogs, I love all animals, but I find being a dog trainer a service that is needed to improve the lives of dogs and people around me. I like fish tanks...but the big kind of fish that eat other fish. Particularly Oscars. I love parrots and smaller parrot-like birds. I want a cockatoo, but plan to just get some more cockatiels (I have some already, but they live with my Mom and she refuses to give them to me...lol...) until I feel I am ready to properly care for a cockatoo. I also have 4 cats, which some days I love more than my 4 dogs. I play many instruments, and I am interested in the sort of art that you can mold with your hands....not painting or drawing, but like, pottery and mosaics and sculpting. I plan to do my first stone mosaic sometime soon and then do pet portraits for people once I have honed the skill.

But, tell me about YOUR other interests.

I write. I'm not sure if it's an interest so much as a compulsion.

And metalwork.

Then there are periods of obsessive sewing, although I can't say I enjoy the actual sewing, it's just that there's something I want to get made.

I've always got three or four books I'm in the process of reading too.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Computers. Building them, taking them apart... More into hardware than programming. Video games. Water sports/boating/fishing. Photography when I have access to a camera.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I love to read but I have relatively immature tastes.

I love television shows but I watch them on netflix and hulu where I can obsessively watch them back to back, plus we have no cable.

I love music but I don't know much about it.

I love photography, particularly fine art but I have a fetish for commercial fashion work.

We're pretty big on re-doing our house lately, we bought it at a fabulous deal but it's outdated. It was never run down per say just needs some style and love.

I used to be huge into camping, hiking, and just getting out in nature but we've lost a lot of the time we devoted to that with our dog sports lately. We're hoping to start back up even if that means some of the dog training takes a back seat.

In the end though I work at a competitive dog sport training facility so I'll be honest, most of my conversations find their ways back to dogs anyways. LOL

This. This is my baby.

So obviously I'm a little bit of a gearhead. I also (borrow) a bike that I race during the summer, so that takes up a lot of time.

Other than that, I do a lot of drawing and painting (as evidenced by my thread here I guess), and I sporadically work as a bullfighter during the summer, depending on my physical condition (lol). I am also working (slowly) towards getting my pilot's license and I LOVE running!

I guess I have a lot of interests! But those are the main ones.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ferrets. Sewing. Reading. Rollerblading.

It also seems like going to college for 5000 degrees is my thing :p Or, at least, it feels like it is.

yoko

Video games. Playing them, making them, talking about them, debating about them, volunteering with them.

Reading, movies, geocaching, hiking, music, comics/manga.

BostonBanker

Horses are really the only thing that has come close. I grew up doing Hunter/equitation, until I got Tristan who jumped like an anvil as a young horse. So we did dressage instead. With his health issues, and the financial stuff, it's taken a big back burner to agility, but I still love him like crazy and get a lot of joy from spending time with him.

I love reading, hiking (with the dogs, so maybe that doesn't count), photography (of dogs and horses, so again...) and am learning some programming for a game I work for. Mostly that just makes me feel like a moron at this point though.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
God, teaching my daughter and playing with her... Hubby says I play well with kids because I am one lol, ALL things Disney and planning disney vacations.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Sure but while those activities aren't dog-centric the dogs somehow always end up involved...funny how that works... ;)

Last edited:
Music, FASHION, Interior design, writing, politics, food, gardening/landscaping, philosophy, film, animals, perfume, beauty, pop culture, sexual culture, cars, reading....it goes on

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Sports - specifically softball and football, but I pretty much love all sports. Both watching and playing (or trying to anyways :p).

Criminal Justice/Criminology - I'm trying to think of a better word for it. Anyways, I'm really interested in both the aspect of WHY criminals do the things they do and how the law apprehends them. I'm super excited to possibly be doing an internship at the FBI, it will pretty much be the highlight of my year! LOL

I'm beginning to love running, but it is still a work in progress. I definitely love it AFTEr I'm done running, still a love/hate when I'm actually running. I love hiking though!

I know I have a lot more interests, but I'm drawing a blank right now :rolleyes:

FG167

I love to read but I have relatively immature tastes.

I love television shows but I watch them on netflix and hulu where I can obsessively watch them back to back, plus we have no cable.

I love music but I don't know much about it.

I love photography, particularly fine art but I have a fetish for commercial fashion work.

We're pretty big on re-doing our house lately, we bought it at a fabulous deal but it's outdated. It was never run down per say just needs some style and love.

I used to be huge into camping, hiking, and just getting out in nature but we've lost a lot of the time we devoted to that with our dog sports lately. We're hoping to start back up even if that means some of the dog training takes a back seat.

In the end though I work at a competitive dog sport training facility so I'll be honest, most of my conversations find their ways back to dogs anyways. LOL
Ok, this is our life perfectly minus the house buying, which is in the near future. Creepy but yes, these are also my hobbies. I am currently obsessively watching the True Blood series, season 3 LOL

shazbot

not so newby
I have two main passions, softball and ice hockey. I've been playing softball for over 30 years and hockey, I started playing about 5yrs ago. Aside from the hockey rink, the softball field is the only place where I can completely forget about my problems and just focus completely on me.

I play lots of video games, they are a good way to relieve stress.

Gypsydals

Gardening, reading and painting ceramics. Although all 3 end up having something to do with animals anyway. LOL

Snark

Mutts to you
Horses, reading, fencing, drawing (although that usually includes dogs so probably doesn't count), photography.

Yoga, knitting, some crochet, gardening, camping... although I always take at least one dog camping with me so I'm not sure that counts, aheh.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah I think I am in the minority. Dogs aren't my first interest. I love mu dogs and will likely always have dogs but it doesn't go much beyond that lol. I don't do dog sports, i am not big into dog training, etc. sometimes I wish I was more into the dog stuff but really they are our pets. I love them dearly but they aren't central.

Members online

No members online now.