Who lets their BIG dogs sleep on the bed?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I "let" Mitsu sleep on my bed last night. She woke up in the early, early, early morning crying. I though she might have to go to the washroom so I took her outside, she went and I put her back in her kennel.

Again, she started crying, which is not normal for her. So I thought she might be hungry, gave her some food and while she was eating I went to the bathroom.

After I went into my room to check on Teagan, and guess who was lying on my bed? Yup, Mitsu.

Although, I have to give her the benefit of the doubt. I think her toe was causing her alot of discomfort and she could not get comfortable. Dogs seem to want to be with their owners when in pain. It took her like 10 minutes to actually stop crying and settle down on my bed, then she was out for the rest of the night.

But I am NOT making this a habit, Im debating wether or not I should put her kennel in my room when we move in the new house. Or let her sleep on the bed once in a while or even train her to sleep on a dog bed at the foot of the bed or somthing ha ha.

So what do you do people of large dogs?

I have Hannah (70 pounds), Kaylee (80 pounds) and Traveler (38 pounds) in bed with me at night :D The only rule I have and really enforce is they are not allowed to get off the bed or I will beat them

kady05

My dogs aren't even allowed in my bedroom (it's our "clean" room, Eric has allergies) unless I'm weighing them on our scale. So nope, no dogs in my bed!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn (42lbs) has shared the bed before when Matt's away for the night. But... he usually winds up retreating to his cozy bedroom crate. :rofl1:

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor doesn't sleep with me. I don't usually even like her sleeping in my bedroom at all. She kicks and tosses and turns and grumbles too much when she's on the bed. When she sleeps on the floor, she gets up and lets herself in and out of the bedroom way too often. If she would just lay there and sleep I wouldn't mind, but she's always up and moving.

Red.Apricot

Elsie (38lbs, but tall) and Zobby (24lbs, but tiny) sleep with my boyfriend (who is a robust man) and myself in our queen sized bed every night.

It's pretty crowded. :D

SaraB

Classic used to sleep with me but apparently the couch is more comfortable and less kicky now. Zuma is itty-bitty so she doesn't count, but yes she sleeps on the bed every night.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Ha ha Im thinking allowing Mitsu to sleep on the bed once in a while will be a big lesson for Teagan on how to share lol.

As of right now Teagan does not appreciate Mitsu on the bed. So Teagan has been kicked off the bed a lot lately ha ha.

Freaking Terriers.

Dogs6

Plus One
Fudge (50ish lbs) and Taz (a bit more) both sleep on my bed every night. They're both very good and respect my space.

B

Blue_Dog

Sam sleeps on my bed with me. He usually snuggles unless he needs a good stretch or if it's warm. He's 110lbs and I have a double mattress. He was good with out a crate since he was a pup and only causes problems when he really needs to go.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Sally (50-ish lbs) always slept in bed with my mum back when she could make it up the stairs. Seamus sleeps in bed with me, and though he's a small dog (only around 15 lbs) he occupies A LOT of space. He's restless and sleeps in all kinds of strange contortions. :eek:

Paige

Let it be
I leave the choice to him. Colder months he usually will. Warmer not so much.

Members online

No members online now.