Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Hawaiian pizza

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
She wanted a bite of my sandwich the other day, so she walked over to me, "ARoooooo!"'d, sat, offered to shake, waved, laid down, and then sat back up. She was like, "Come on, woman, I'm DOING EVERYTHING, give me the **** sandwich!"
One right after the other? Because IMO, that's just way too easy. ;)

Ares will shake(full body shake), sneeze, wave at the same time and almost be able to get a spin done along with them. :p

Dogs6

Plus One
With Fudge it is the ball. Nothing works quite as well as the ball and he will happily ignore other dogs for it. Tug is good but we'll be playing tug and he'll get an interesting smell and just switch off. Sometimes treats are good but they never come near a ball (except for that one time when I was using steak in gravy ...)

With Taz it's food because outside of the house he's not allowed to play fetch.

With Scamp it's the clicker. It doesn't matter what reward I'm using, he'll work as enthusiastically for a piece of kibble as for a tennic ball as long as it's clicker training. If I'm not using a clicker then it's the ball all the way.

elegy

overdogged
luce and mushroom both food.
steve likes food but likes ball and tug as well, so i use a combination of the things, depending on what we're doing.

Brattina88

Maddie's is 110% food ;) She is VERY food motivated. I can get her to do anything with food, as long as I know how to teach it lol. I little taste of food makes unpleasant things bearable in her mind :rofl1: I can also use a toy, but she'll work longer (and harder) for treats

Bailey is not very food motivated, but she is VERY praise motivated. The best way I know how to train is with treats, so I offer them to her, she takes them when she feels like it. But a gooooood girl with some pats makes her whole body wiggle :D I am NOT used to this at all :eek:

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Traveler will work for his Tug/Ball/Random Stick really hard and enthusiastically and food he'll do the same though with a little less zing, but I think that's because we are both worked up more with the toy training.

He'll also work for "praise" in a way. I mean, he would work for that but I always amp it up and jump around yaying while telling him to jump with me and he thinks that's the funniest thing ever. He'll work pretty hard to get me to look like an idiot.

Kaylee is food. No doubt. But, she does consider me letting her poke me and go between my legs from behind highly rewarding too so I use that a lot at the end of a longer string of commands
OMG, I wish! Quinn is the lamest. I remember trying to do this with Quinn as a puppy when she's do something reallyreally awesome, and even when she was little she'd grumble at me and back away and wait until I was done. No fun! Our training sessions look so boring now - all she gets is a treat and maybe a face rub (this is all she's tolerate when she's in the "zone").

Members online

No members online now.