Dog Show - Aussies, Akitas, Huskies and some!

SharkBait

Long time since I last posted! How is everyone? I attended a local dog recently and since you guys love some dog pictures I thought I'd share them with you.
I absolutely loved the Australian Shepherds, particularly the blue merle guy Chile!

My favourite dog of the day! Chile the Aussie

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
noooo--that was not too many pictures! They were awesome--loved seeing all the different dogs!

Now--stick around for a while!

Equinox

WOW!! You probably vanished from Chaz before I joined, because I don't recognize your username/photography, but I am GLAD you're back. Please stick around and post more - I love your photos.

Was at a dog show a week ago and really wishing I had a wide angle/mid-range zoom lens that wasn't so ultrawide (had a 11-16mm on me). Now I really want one :D

I really like these especially:

Oh, and this... both the dog and the boy ;) Good looking SO! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinyspark_boom/8422677604/in/set-72157632625602761

SharkBait

Thanks guys for the lovely comments and making me feel so welcome again :)

noooo--that was not too many pictures! They were awesome--loved seeing all the different dogs!

Now--stick around for a while!
I'm planning to this time around :) I've missed seeing some of my favourite dogs and catching updates!

WOW!! You probably vanished from Chaz before I joined, because I don't recognize your username/photography, but I am GLAD you're back. Please stick around and post more - I love your photos.

Was at a dog show a week ago and really wishing I had a wide angle/mid-range zoom lens that wasn't so ultrawide (had a 11-16mm on me). Now I really want one :D
Yeah, gosh it's really been so long since I've posted regularly here. I was much more active when my dog Matisse was a puppy, up until he was about 3. And he's 5 now, so it really HAS been a while!

Oh and thanks so much! :)
I just checked out some of your previous photo threads - looks like you're very much into photography yourself! Spotted some lovely photos, I love the one in your signature! Gorgeous dog.

What camera and equipment do you use? I have a 11-16mm lens too, is yours the Tokina f/2.8? Fun lens, but like you said the mid-range is pretty useful - I used a Tamron f/2.8 17-50 for the majority of these shots, then whipped out the big one for some of the pictures of the dogs in the ring. It's a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, I bought it earlier this year but I've only used it about 4 times so it's about time I go to the zoo or something to put it to good use! :)

Haha, why thank you! I'll have to tell him he received a compliment from a Chazzer! :p

Equinox

I just checked out some of your previous photo threads - looks like you're very much into photography yourself! Spotted some lovely photos, I love the one in your signature! Gorgeous dog.
Oh geez, thank you for being so nice!! I just got a DSLR a little over half a year ago and holy crow is it a crazy addiction. I told myself just one body, the kit lens, and that is all I'll ever need.

:rofl1:

Still just learning how to use the camera and taking snapshots. The photographers here on Chaz have been incredible as far as helping me along and providing inspiration/motivation.

What camera and equipment do you use? I have a 11-16mm lens too, is yours the Tokina f/2.8? Fun lens, but like you said the mid-range is pretty useful - I used a Tamron f/2.8 17-50 for the majority of these shots, then whipped out the big one for some of the pictures of the dogs in the ring. It's a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, I bought it earlier this year but I've only used it about 4 times so it's about time I go to the zoo or something to put it to good use! :)
Yep, just picked up a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Was not planning to get it because I don't typically do landscape or architecture or astrophotography, but it was too good of a deal... or so I tell myself.

I was actually hoping to get a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, but now that you mention it, I had no idea they also made a 17-50mm! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, too, and see which focal length range I prefer. I love my primes, but really enjoy the versatility of a zoom lens, especially for dog shows and events.

Haha, why thank you! I'll have to tell him he received a compliment from a Chazzer! :p
It means more from a Chazzer - it takes a lot to distract us from the dogs :D

Toller_08

I am so in love with your photos! The clarity and vibrancy are incredible. I can't get anything worth keeping at dog shows. Well, I haven't tried in a long time, but when I did I was never happy with them haha. These are beautiful!

SharkBait

Squeee lookit the Shiba! Nice red!
I loved this Shiba too! Beautiful dog.

I am so in love with your photos! The clarity and vibrancy are incredible. I can't get anything worth keeping at dog shows. Well, I haven't tried in a long time, but when I did I was never happy with them haha. These are beautiful!
Wow, thank you Devan! Means a lot, especially since your photography has inspired me for so long! Honestly, the reason I got a DSLR a few years ago was because you & RD posted such great photos of your dogs, and I wanted to do that too.

Yeah it's not always the best settings at dog shows, this one was mostly inside so it was quite dark, so I was forced to use ISO 800 or higher quite often. Luckily Lightroom is quite good for handling noise. But yeah thanks again :)

Members online

No members online now.