Identification

SpringerLover

1: Is your dog microchipped (I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the population is tattooed at this point)? If so, what company? Do you keep the information up to date?
**Both of the spaniels are microchipped. Neither were done by the breeder. Both were implanted at a low-cost clinic (the same time they took/passed their CGCs). The company is HomeAgain. I do keep the information up to date. It took me a month, but I just put our new address/info on there. I do not pay for extended services, they are only registered.

2: Does your dog wear a collar with ID? If so, when? What other tags, if any, are on the collar?
**In the winter they wear rolled leather collars (longer fur) with a name/phone number tag, rabies tag, and microchip tag. When they arrive, the license will be added to that. Just today I put the micro rubber bands around the tags to eliminate jingling! I don't know why I didn't think of that before. In the summer I rotate between nylon collars. They don't typically wear collars in the house.

3: If applicable, do you keep your dog licensed?
2/3 of the places we've lived, licensing your dog is "required by law." The one place it wasn't, only dogs declared dangerous had to be licensed. All have required Rabies immunity in some form (some accepted titers, some didn't). Where we live now they have different options for licensing and I like it (lifetime, potentially dangerous, dangerous... none are by breed; only past history). I am sending out a Rabies titer on Buzz (because my current vet likely won't write me a "your dog has had a vaccine every 3-4 years his whole life, he's almost 14, he's got enough immunity" like my friend's vet did) and the city will most definitely accept that! Hooray!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Both cats and both dogs are microchipped, even though the cats never leave the house. The two cats and one of the dogs are registered with home again . . . Docket's chip is kept updated by our vet (long story).

Both dogs and the cat that doesn't have allegy problems ALWAYS wear tags (collars are a problem for the other cat)

The dogs are licensed, as required. My jurisdiction doesn't have cat licenses, though Alexandria proper does.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nope, not microchipped

Always has a collar on, with 3 identification tags and her rabies tag with "get me home" number on it, which is registered online to us

Nope, not registered. It's rediculously expensive to register an intact dog

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nobody here is microchipped. Juno was supposed to get chipped when she got spayed, but I forgot to let the vet/techs know that lol.... and I'm not going to do it while she's awake, soooo at this point I don't really care anymore.

I'm really bad about keeping tags on. Lucy doesn't even have an ID tag and never has. But I switch collars so frequently with Juno and I get lazy about moving the tags too. Most of the time my justification is "eh, we're just going to the dog park, she doesn't need tags." When she DOES wear tags though, it's just an ID tag and rabies tag.

Cats and dogs in my city are required by law to be licensed, but in the 17 years we've lived here we have never licensed any of them. It's apparently not that big of a deal if it's never caused a problem for us.

God I sound like such a dink pet owner. :lol-sign:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Eve has an ear tattoo identifying her as spayed, and wears a collar with an ID tag. When she's in public with me, she has a vest identifying her as a service dog.

None of my dogs are microchipped.

Everyone here is microchipped. In the house and yard they are naked but out and about they wear collars with an ID tag. The dogs are all licensed, but I keep their license tags and rabies tags on my keychain and they have Boomerang collar ID tags.

I've always had at least one dog that is or appears to be a mix of either rottie or some kind of bully breed, so I feel it behooves me to keep them licensed to appear as responsible as possible.

Paige

Let it be
I need to get Bandit licensed again. He is tattooed but not chipped. He also has an ID tag on his collar with an email on the back of it as I always seem to be changing my phone number.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn's tattooed by his breeder, and always tagged with contact and rabies vacc info. He's registered with the city.

He isn't microchipped.

Grab

Everyone but Nog is chipped (he'll be done as soon as I remember to do so) Everyone wears ID tags.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Both dogs and the cat are all microchipped. Watson was done by his breeder and is registered with AKC CAR. Menchi and Autumn are both through Avid.

The dogs go naked in the house. When we go out they wear their ID tags, rabies tags and the tags of the microchip registries they are with.

Everyone here is licensed.

BostonBanker

Meg isn't chipped, and won't be. I haven't decided on Gusto.

Both wear collars with tags if they are hiking off leash anywhere. Not all the time around the house or going for leash walks.

Both are licensed with the town.

SpringerLover

Those of you with licensed dogs, how much was it?

Spayed/neutered 1 year license in my city is $11. Totally affordable. Unaltered 1 year is $55. You also have the option of a lifetime license (pays off in 3 years).

All of my pets were microchipped awake, and as adults. (Yep, the cats too.)

Foster puppy was microchipped just after spay, still asleep.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
1: Is your dog microchipped (I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the population is tattooed at this point)? If so, what company? Do you keep the information up to date?
Nope.

2: Does your dog wear a collar with ID? If so, when? What other tags, if any, are on the collar?
Chloe, no. Her tag kept getting caught in the carpet so she is currently tagless. However, when I move, I'll either be getting her an embriodered collar or keep her collar w/ tags off in the house and only put it on her when we go out.
Cynder wears her collar w/ tags whenever she is out of the house. Otherwise, she goes collarless.
Rose has no tags, but everybody in the area knows she is our dog. (Same goes with Chloe, really. If they were ever to wander off, someone would know who to return them to. That is one benefit of living in a small country area.)
Cynder wears a collar and tags 24/7.

And by tags, I mean rabies tag. I did get Chloe an engraved tag with her name and my number on it, but it fell off and got lost.

3: If applicable, do you keep your dog licensed?
N/A There isn't a required license here.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Those of you with licensed dogs, how much was it?

Spayed/neutered 1 year license in my city is $11. Totally affordable. Unaltered 1 year is $55. You also have the option of a lifetime license (pays off in 3 years).

All of my pets were microchipped awake, and as adults. (Yep, the cats too.)

Foster puppy was microchipped just after spay, still asleep.
I think it is $15 for altered dogs and $12 for altered cats. I can not recall how much it is for an unaltered animal.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
(1) All pets are microchipped. Kim and Web I chipped with Homeagain. Mira was chipped by her breeder with Homeagain/CAR. Brie was chipped the shelter with another company whose name I can't remember offhand. All have up to date information.

(2) Dogs all have collars they wear when we leave the property, sometimes in the yard. Brie has a harness she wears any time she's out of the house. All have ID on them -- phone number, backup number, email. They don't wear rabies tags or license tags because they always seem to lose them...Boomerang collartags are the only things I've had luck with keeping.

(3) They are all licensed but not at the current location. I'm not sure if there are licenses here or not tbh. They had 3 year tags at the old place.

Saeleofu

1. Chips - both my dogs are chipped and registered with 3 separate registries. Two allow unlimited updates to info for free, so yes, I keep it updated. The third charges for updates so I don't update that one - however that is the chip manufacturer so they can trace the chip back to the vet clinic. They both have Avid chips. They're registered with Avid, AKC CAR, and the USA Microchip Database

2. Tags - Logan wears tags on his harness when we're out. Gavroche wears his Ella's Lead collar with a Boomerang tag 24/7 (didn't used to, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE his collar now lol). Logan has an ID tag, an SD tag ("Service Dog Accesr Required" Dogwood ID tag), and a medical alert tag for me. Also a rabies tag.

3. Last year they were not licensed because I was not living in town for the majority of the year - I was living just out of town, and no licenses are required there. Now that I'm back in town they will be renewed when they're due. Actually since Logan was already vaccinated for Rabies when I got him I don't think he was licensed that year either - licenses are due when the rabies vaccine is given, or on the 1-year anniversary date of the rabies vaccine if rabies is not due that year. The rabies vaccine MUST be given twice in a row one year apart, then every 3 years. The only exception is for medical reasons, and even then they still need a license.

ETA: Licenses are $46, and ten there are discounts - $10 off for a fenced yard, $3 off for a microchip, and $17 off for speuter.

One year is $25 altered/$50 unaltered, there is a 3 year license for $75 for altered only, or lifetime license for $200 for altered only.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I'm surprised at how much some of you have to pay to license your dogs, makes me feel like I live in an extremely cheap area. :eek:

Unaltered is 8.45 for one year
Altered is 6.45 for one year

We also have lifetime licenses (you have to have proof of microchip or tattoo to get a lifetime license) for:

Unaltered is $50 something dollars
Altered is $30 something dollars.

Well we have pretty good AC services. I don't mind paying fees if I'm actually paying for something. I'm often astonished at people's stories of how utterly useless their AC is.

Members online

No members online now.