Nonnie cracks me up

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
She is like the Serene Queen I swear...look first she drinks...

Then..she contemplates life....

Then well...what is life but a series of naps?

Sniperess

ok so what's the trick to keeping your beagle slim and trim? She's a very very nice looking beagle! Mine I fondly refer to as "the potbellied pig disquised as a beagle". If it doesn't move faster than he does he's going to eat it guaranteed. His latest trick is he's learned how to open the bread drawer and has eaten entire loaves of bread at a time! I now keep the bread in the microwave *sigh* Jeep weighs 38 lbs! I can't get the weight off him, we walk, we play, and he still gains!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
My girls keep very easily on 1-1 1/2c of kibble per day. They exercise each other. No snacks or such or if I do...I take the food down for that day. They really do keep very easily...part of that is genetic with Nonnie for certain. She is in dynamite shape...going on 5 now.

Oh her thyroid has been checked as normal...might be something to look into...it's hard to lose weight when your thyroid is out of whack :)

ETA: if it makes ya feel better here she is fat...well...pregnant...but fat LOL.

ACooper

Hahahahahhaha..........are you sure someone didn't "spike" her bowl? That is one laid back girl!

Sniperess

Jeep gets a cup a day of Eagle Holistic. He gets two milkbones in the morning and that's it.........other than what he scarfs up on his find food missions. I keep telling the vet he's got a eating disorder and it's not anorexia! Blood checks all came back fine, the vet said he's just a scavanger that needs to learn to leave food that's not his alone. The worst part is he's sneaky as all get out and does this when we are all sitting right there! We never hear him until he comes around the corner with a bread bag hanging out of his mouth!!!

Here is Mr. Fat:

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
does he recyle? That can add weight...lots of it.

looking at their (Eagles) site he could go down to 3/4c and be fine...esp considering he's getting extras.

My friends hounds were always fat and she figured out they were eating pecans and acorns from her trees! :yikes:

Members online

No members online now.