tablets

goosey

a good way to feed ur dog tablets if they wont take them is to put them in some chesse or make up a feed of biscets and dog food/gravey and put the tablets in the middle
happy feeding

Athe

That is a normal way to give tablets to those hard to get the pill down the throat dogs. But, if you have pills that have to be given on an empty stomach I open the dogs mouth place is at the very back of their mouth, close the dogs mouth and either blow in the dogs mouth to make them swallow or pat their neck. I always wait for that gulp before I take my hand off their muzzle (keeping it it closed). Some dogs will hold it in their mouth. :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Shelby will dig her medicine out of her food (I don't know HOW she knows it's there). So yeah I have to hold her mouth open and then shove it as far back as I can and hold her muzzle shut and pet her throat. She is REALLY good at working the pill back out of her throat after I put it in there. I don't think she's ever willingly taken a pill, it usually takes me like six tries to get her to swallow.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
put some butter on it, it'll slide down much better. :)

peanut butter isn't a good idea tho, since it sticks and isn't easily swallowed.

Bear was a pro at being able to spit pills out. Nothing worked - cheese, meat, hot dogs, sticking it in the back of his throat . . . Finally I got smart and would pile crunchy peanut butter on a cracker, push the pill down on that, and layer more crunchy peanut butter on top. It had to be crunchy so he'd have a harder time differentiating the pill from the food :rolleyes:

Kharma and Shiva are easy - those maws are so big I can just stick my whole hand in there and put a pill right on the back of their tongues :p

Bimmer's never had to have any pills . . .

Pugsly

I have the same problem and looking for options......I've tried everything(including what is up here.......it is so frustrating.....

Members online