Guess it's time to introduce myself :-)

Chithedobe

Hi all,
I know this is a bit late since I've been posting for a month or so now :)

I found Chaz as I was doing a search for different training collars. After reading a few threads, I noticed a few "familiar" faces and joined. I just forgot to post an intro for those unfamiliar faces :)

My name is Tracy, I'm a 33yr old stay at home mom to my most wonderful daughter. I'm also in my senior year at University of Maryland - online - I carry a Social Science major with a minor in English. My husband is in the Air Force so we travel A LOT! We seem to be stuck in a circle that takes us from freezing in Minot North Dakota, to the warmth of Okinawa Japan (where we are currently serving our second tour) to the ever beautiful and scenic Germany. I live for and love the travel but must admit it takes much preparation and money to travel with all the critters.

Currently we are owned by Petri, a very neurotic Chihuahua (mix?) that was a pet store/puppy mill rescue (LONG story), YoYo (my daughter's Siamese) and Chihiro my ever energetic, almost 6 month old Doberman pup. Petri and Yo were both aquired in ND, Chi is an American/German dog that was born and bred in Japan (talk about identity crisis LOL).

We also have 2 pets that do not live with us. Max, a little corgi-shiba mix that we picked up here about 10 years ago who decided life on the in-laws farm in Kentucky was far more fun than traveling the world AND Casper, a HUGE ragdollish type cat that found us a few months before we moved here. My parents were supposed to just babysit him while we waited for his blood work (FAVN) results to come in and then ship him to us. However, they have fallen absolutely in love with him and have basically cat-napped him! I miss him terribly but am so happy that even though I don't have him, he's off the streets and in a loving home :)

Here are a couple pics of the pooches :)

I've very much enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to getting to know you all a little better :)

Y

yuckaduck

Welcome to chazhound, it is a pleasure to get to know you

Beautiful dogs too.

Welcome Finally lol.I am Lisa.I am 22 until January.Part time Show Kennel Assistant.I have a 3 year old daughter and 2 dogs.Rosco Min Pin and Sasha GSD.I will be adding another soon for Showing in Conformation.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
whereabouts in germany have you lived? :)

from age 13 on i grew up with lots of american friends since my parents had a contract with the US armed forces for short term housing at their hotel. it was a great time and even after 20 years there are still people we are in contact with from those days. :)

this was cooke barracks, near stuttgart in southwestern germany. :)

Chithedobe

Mordy said:
whereabouts in germany have you lived? :)

from age 13 on i grew up with lots of american friends since my parents had a contract with the US armed forces for short term housing at their hotel. it was a great time and even after 20 years there are still people we are in contact with from those days. :)

this was cooke barracks, near stuttgart in southwestern germany. :)
We were officially stationed at Sembach but lived closer to Ramstein. Both are southwest of Stuttgart (I think :) ) It's amazing that we've travelled so much and my geography is so bad LOL. The village we lived in, Queidersbach, is just about 15 min from the French border. We're hoping to go back to Germany when we leave here the summer of '08 :)

Hi Tracey and welcome to Chazhound. It's really nice to have you here. I'm Dena...I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Chloe, a mini Dachshund, Jackson Browne, a seal point Siamese, Hootie, and a blue point Siamese, Felida. I also have a husband, Greg, a daughter, Jaime (21) and a son Brandon (15). I work for a hospital lab but am stationed in an Internal Medicine physians office.

It's funny that you're in Minot, ND. Both of my parents were born and raised there. I have tons of family there.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Chithedobe said:
We were officially stationed at Sembach but lived closer to Ramstein. Both are southwest of Stuttgart (I think :) ) It's amazing that we've travelled so much and my geography is so bad LOL. The village we lived in, Queidersbach, is just about 15 min from the French border. We're hoping to go back to Germany when we leave here the summer of '08 :)
yup, and it's a very, very beautiful area too! :) very nice!

Chithedobe

Mordy,
I noticed on a different thread that you are German :) What brought you to the US? How do you like living here compared to there? I must confess that I miss the wine from the Rheinland Pfalz region :)

tschuss :)

Saje

Island dweller
Hey tracy how do you like Japan. I lived there for a year and a half and really, really miss it. It was such a great experience for me.

Where did you live??? I love it here. This is our second tour, we were here the first time from 95-99. I had no desire to come here at all the first time. It was my first time over-seas, my first time really away from my mommy and I was terrified! I think I cried most of the 18 hour flight. Poor Mark must have though he married a lunatic! But within minutes of landing in Naha I fell in love with the island and culture! I haven't had much time up in "mainland" Japan but what I have seen of Tokyo is awesome! We're hoping to make it up there this spring to take our daughter to Tokyo Disney.
Growing up in the midwest with relatively hard winters and then spending so much time in North Dakota has really made me appreciate life on a semi-tropical island :) I love the food! Not sushi so much but Okinawa has a traditional Soba-Soup that is just yummy :) The beauty and serenity of the culture is to be envied: pretty no-nonsense and relaxed. Can't say enough good about it, I guess :)

Saje

Island dweller
I was all around Tokyo. Wish I'd travelled more but I was having too much fun lol. I kind of want to go back but it doesn't fit into my life now. Maybe I'll retire there. :)

I missed the noodles too... In fact the soba-soup that I love so much is pretty much nothing but noodles :) I bet I tried 2 dozen Japanese restaurants in the States and, well, it's just not the same... I'd send you some if I could :)

Hello
what lovely dogs you have,
im a stay at home mum too i have 4 children 3 at school 1 at nursery, i live in Stopsley, UK
I have 2 dogs 1 puppy on the way and many others animals too.
hope to chat soon
michelle

Members online

No members online now.