anyone have experience with No Jump Harness'

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Has anyone ever used one of these before? I ordered one for Teddy. I have tried training him to not jump with many different methods but the thing is we just don't have people over often enough for it to sink into his brain. Anyone have any experience with these?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Well here is a link with a photo of the harness for anyone who is interested. I will definately let everyone know how it works.

silverpawz

No Sugar Added
Unless you also train him to sit automatically or do some other defualt behavior instead of jumping...when the harness comes off the jumping will come back.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Unless you also train him to sit automatically or do some other defualt behavior instead of jumping...when the harness comes off the jumping will come back.

But you see that is the problem. I can't teach him to consistently sit when people come over because it is so far and few between that we have visitors. I have tried making him sit.... doesn't work.... no treat, or toy is enough to distract him from the visitor. he will not even eat a treat if someone comes over. He is used to us coming and going and does not jump but it's with new people and like I said we only have someone come over like once a month IF that. I have tried isolating him when he misbehaves but when I let him back out he just does it again. Try ignoring him but it's impossible for guests to ignore that. I have tried lots of things but it just does not happen enough to cement it into his head. When we were on vacation for a week with my family he got it right away NO JUMPING. but that's because people were coming in and out many many times throughout the day for a week. now we are back home and no one comes over. We don't know anyone around this area. He is only excitable for the first few minutes they walk in the door then he's relaxed again. The harness is going to have to be used every time someone comes over until we start having a more regular flow of visitors.

Members online

No members online now.