Missy's sick

Brattina88

I was at work when my mother called me and said that I should get home, that Missy was very sick and she was taking her to the vet. :eek: I freaked, and tried desperately to get someone to cover for me at work, but there was no one to cover! No one else knew how to close up, so I had to stay until everyone was gone... ugg...

I rushed to the vet, and managed to get there in time to pay :rolleyes: of course.

Basically, as it was explained to me:
Missy never fully recovered from the worms she had when I got her from the pound. He said that she got rid of all of the worms, but little micro-organisms and bacteria and stuff remained, and she wasn't healthy enough to fight that off. So while she appeared to get better for a while, she is sicker than she was before. When I got her she weighed 53lbs (skin and bones), she gained some weight (not totally sure, but we think she was around 65lbs) and has lost again - back down to 58lbs. He said that while I was feeding good food, she never was eating enough everyday/consistently to get the proper nutrition which is why he skin & coat are dry and she's itchy as well.

He drew blood to run several tests, and my Mom actually did take a fecal sample :hail:
(I'm not sure on what / which bcz he was telling me as we were leaving, the had more appts, and my Mom apparently doesn't remember everything...)
so I'm waiting on that, to make sure it isn't something more serious than it already is.
(which could be what ??)

She hasn't been lethargic or throwing up at all until today when I wasn't home. I feel so bad for her... she's on two different medicines and a strict fish and potato diet... I hope she eats & gains the weight !!

:(

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Poor Missy.....:( (((hugs))) to you and Missy.... Sending good thoughts and prayers your way that she will recover soon

Brattina88

thanks ! :( :(

(oops, I meant to put this in the health forum... can a mod move it please :eek:)

Brattina88

Thanks all !

She makes me so sad, giving me pitiful "I'm hungry" looks. She finally stopped throwing up last night around 1 after dose 2 of her meds... This morning she looks SO sunk in and starved... honestly...

It took her like 45mins to eat her breakfast, and she didn't finish it all. She actually wanted to eat, which is already progress, but she would pick at it and then stop and lay down like she is scared its going to make her miserable.
:(
I was really unnerved last night because I was up so late, home alone, and my litte responsible-protecter is a little down on the job

Brattina88

:( *sigh* I'm such a worrywart... but all she's done today is sleep after the medicine... my poor baby... :(
I hope she gets well soon because I can't really handle this, lol

Brattina88

:( :(

I thought she was doing better; she's been eating, playing and is very frisky :rolleyes:
But then really really early this morning (5 or so) I woke up the noise of her getting sick. I got up and dressed and sat with her, trying to soothe her. At first it was just 99.9% digested dinner, which the vet said probably was going to happen. Then she started throwing up blood - which the vet told me if she did to bring her back in ASAP.

I called and woke everybody up and meet them up at the vets office... he took her and and put her on an IV...

I came home for some lunch and to charge my laptop; she's still there...

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.