Positive Clicks Trick Challenge

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yay! This will give us something to do now that our agility class will be ending. Wish I had something better than a crappy cell phone camera to take videos with though!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Woohooo.

Now I just need to convince Frodo to shake with his right paw, he is definitely a lefty :p

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I think blog would be best, so we don't have a million page long thread. But sharing on chaz is good too. LOL

OMG You guys are beyond cute!!!!! I do the same distract-when-in-stay thing, but you definitely have better move than me!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Erg. So. Frodo is SOOOOOO a lefty, I don't think he even realizes that his right paw exists. I am getting nowhere with the "other paw" trick *facepalm*

Toller_08

I didn't see this until now, but I'll see if I can teach Keira "paw/other paw" in just a few days. I kinda don't think so... but you never know, haha. We'll give it a good effort!

Maxy24

I think I'll try and do it with Phoebe, she can do everything except shake with her left paw already but we started with that today. I just ignored her right paw touches until she poked me with her face and finally tried the left. She kept trying her right paw first, then did the left so we have to work on that, only rewarding when she gives left paw right off the bat but I think she'll be able to pull it off by Saturday.

Maxy24

Do we actually have to say the word stay? I'm planning on just having her down and then walking away, would that be okay?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
You can use whatever command words you want. I use use mine for the trick names :) And people are not obligated to teach tricks they don't want.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Mmmkay, so I didn't post one for the first week. I realized on Saturday morning on my way to work that the deadline was on Saturday :eek: and then promptly forgot until this thread (again :eek:)
Plus Frodo never learned "other paw" (yes, I realize I have failed, lol).

Can I still participate in the new one?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I don't have a functional video camera, so I have to hire Jess to take my videos. ;) But Finn and I should be able to do this week.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Mmmkay, so I didn't post one for the first week. I realized on Saturday morning on my way to work that the deadline was on Saturday :eek: and then promptly forgot until this thread (again :eek:)
Plus Frodo never learned "other paw" (yes, I realize I have failed, lol).

Can I still participate in the new one?
Yes you can (and you can make up the first week if you want)!!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Bleck. This week isn't going too well either. I need to a) do less other stuff and b) remember to train!

Question, Frodo doesn't use a crate anymore and I don't have one. Can I use go to mat instead of go to crate?
I am also starting to think that he is incapable of crawling. I looked up some YouTube videos of corgis crawling and they are all pretty much the same, the bum stays up and the front goes down. I think it just doesn't work the same as regular legged dogs, lol. He looks so silly, if we do it on slick floors he puts his front down and pushes himself across the floor with his back legs :lol-sign:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ughhh this week has been too busy! We'll have to cram in some training this weekend lol.... back up and kennel I -should- be able to get done, but I have been unsuccessfully working on crawl for a LONG time, so who knows about that one lol.

Members online

No members online now.