Maddy is at the bridge

SarahHound

My birthday yesterday, and how did I spend the day? Crying over my dog. :( I am broken in two.

We went for a nice walk, she was running with Lucy, fell in a ditch and broke her back. It happened SO quickly, and unfortunately, there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. She was put out of her misery.

It's just so unfair, she was only 4, and should have had so many years ahead of her. The pain is killing me, I just want it to end. It's all my fault, I should have put her on a lead. Or I shouldn't have walked her there. I don't deserve pets. I only had two years with her. I wish I had died instead.

Sweet dreams my gorgeous greyhound girly. Go play with Breagha and eat lots of sausages together.

Maddy Mooface by Niseag, on Flickr

Taqroy

I am so so sorry for your loss. It was not your fault - you said it yourself, there's nothing that could have ben done. (((((((((hugehugs)))))))))
RIP Maddy.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Aww hell. I am SO terribly sorry. While Kat (Dekka's young girl) wasn't mine, I had similar what if's about the situation. What if we hadn't had them outside.. What if we had waited a few hours..

Don't say you don't deserve pets. This is a horrible horrible tragedy, but it was an accident. You surely did nothing to make this happen. It will be a long road healing from it, as losing Kat still hurts, and she wasn't even mine..

We started to wonder how many almosts we have had with our dogs that we'd never know about. All those times where if they had run down the same path 5 minutes earlier or later something bad would have happened, but due to timing didn't... but you'd never know as something terrible didn't occur..

There are absolutely no words to make you pain better, just know many people care, and that you are not a bad dog owner.

SaraB

:( I am so, so sorry for your loss. Things happen, as horrible as this was, in no way was it your fault. Rest in peace Maddy.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This was not your fault at all! I am so, so, so very sorry about Maddie.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Sarah, I seriously, seriously am so incredibly heartbroken for you and Maddy. I cried yesterday when I found out (crying again reading this) and I can't even begin to understand how you are feeling.

Just know that you are not to blame for this at all. Even if you can't see that now I hope you will in time. You have greyhounds, born to run. She was doing what she loved to do, what all your dogs are meant to do and what you are good enough to let them do. She had an amazing life with you and a completely tragic end. But that's not what counts, her time living and loving life with you does. And I know that she did that to the fullest being with you.

She was and still is a gorgeous girl inside and out. This wasn't fair to you, to Todd or to Lucy. But I'm so happy she got to spend the years she did with you. And just know I'm thinking of all of you.

Brattina88

:( Oh I am so so sorry!!! ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) I wish there was more I could do for you

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
There are absolutely no words to make you pain better, just know many people care, and that you are not a bad dog owner.
This exactly. It is NOT your fault. I know too well knowing how freak things like this happen. I still, over 16 years later feel regret about Rosie's death. One simple decision and it lost her her life.

I am so so sorry. Lots and lots of ((((((Hugs))))))

Toller_08

:( I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better... I am at a complete loss for words. How incredibly heartbreaking. I am so, so deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Lots of (((hugs))) to you!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh God Sarah, I am so sorry. Please, please don't blame yourself or think you don't deserve dogs. Linds makes a great point... she was doing what she loved to do.
My heart is broken for you. I'm sending you all my hugs. =<

Xandra

I am so sorry :( She was a gorgeous dog, I was always struck by the beautiful photos of her running at liberty. Please don't blame yourself. Any animal with a good turn of speed can seriously injure itself, regardless of where it is. But it isn't fair to take an animal meant to stretch its limbs like that and keep it tethered all the time for its safety. It was an absolutely horrible, heartbreaking turn of events, but please don't fault yourself, and try not to run through the what if's. There's no way you or any other human could prevent all the freak slips and falls an animal enjoying itself might make.

Again I'm so sorry for your loss.

M

MyHorseMyRules

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. But we're all here for you. And like others have already said, this is in no way your fault. (((HUGS)))

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I am so sorry :(
It's not your fault. What kind of life would she have had if she couldn't be running around, doing what she loves to do?
You made sure the last 2 years of her life were all she could ask for and then some. You gave her that second chance she deserved.
Run free, Maddy.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Oh no :( I am so so so sorry for your loss!

But please don't blame yourself, I know its hard not too, I blame myself for everything. She was doing what she was born to do, and you gave her the oppurtunity to be able to run free and with joy. I love your pictures of all of your dogs running their hearts at, they always look so happy.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, may she run free at the bridge, and she'll be playing with Breagha waiting for you <3

Rest in Peace sweet girl

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry. I agree with the others this is not your fault. It is perfectly normal when grieving to go through the what ifs. But the reality is that you could not have foreseen this. She was loved in every sense of the word. And you are an awsome dog mommy.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am so so sorry--I have always admired Maddy. You had two beautiful years with her--she knew your love, and that is immeasurable. ((HUGS)).

~Tucker&Me~

I am so sorry for your loss :( Like others have said, she died doing what she loved to do... And it was absolutely not your fault ((hugs))

Members online