Time for a ferret update!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Dameon is back to 99.9%. ^_^ He's still not quite back to the same activity level or weight, but he's doing great. He is finally eating the kibble consistantly now, so I'm not so worried about the fact that he's lost a bit of chubb. I'm sure he'll gain it all back in no time. Also, I failed to mention that he turned five years old the second week of January, so he is officially an old man now.

Ruben and Rinnie are now over their colds and are doing fantastic. I hadn't given Ruben very much hands on time since school started and I went to play with/cuddle with him last night and HOLY COW is his condition good! When I adopted him he had a really thin coat, a scraggly tail, and didn't have an ounce of fat on his body. I was seriously considering not adopting him because I was worried his physical condition was due to an underlying medical problem (that is why Rinnie came along for the ride when I was trying to choose - Ruben's condition was the only reason I was having second thoughts). Now, I can barely tell Ruben is the same ferret! He's such a handsome boy, if I do say so myself.

This was Ruben shortly after I adopted him:

This is Ruben now:

Rinnie looking cute:

Dameon was upset that I wanted him to join the festivities:

He forgave me when I bribed him with a treat:

*more*

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Ever since Rinnie chomped Chloe on the nose, Chloe has been very skittish around the ferrets. Ruben tried to play with her last night, but she was very uncertain about it all. (As you can tell. I wasn't worried about her hurting him or anything, but she definitally wasn't having a very good time and was relieved when I finally rescued her.)

Poor girl. LOL And I'm sorry about the quality of the pictures - my camera hates unnatural lighting (it was dark outside). I do find it amusing how Dameon's eyes glow red and Ruben's glow white, while Rinnie's are kind of a red/orange mix. I wonder how that works, exactly? Different pigmentation?

I also got a freakishly cute video (er...sound clip, really, as it is pitch black) of Ruben snoring. (And Dameon eating, but Ruben is the cute part.) I'll have to post it once I get it uploaded.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
So glad to hear everyone's doing better!!! :D

They are all precious! And my dogs all had different "eye glows" too, I wonder what causes that as well...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Hehe yep, in those "before" pics Ruben looks like a fert who is blowing coat ;) Glad he grew his winter coat in! Looks like his winter coat came in a bit darker too... hmm

Cannot wait to see what his next coat change does!

Brattina88

I loooove ferrets in their winter coats :D Murtagh took a loooong time coming into his, I was worried for a minute :p

They all look good! :)

Members online

No members online now.