Click if you love animals

mrose_s

BusterLove
http://heartsnpaws.topcities.com/rottsnpits.html

ok, just a couple of things about THAT particular page.

and keep in control by always muzzling the dog in public, you can be sure the community will fear the dog less, and respect it more
Not necaserily, if i saw a dog in a muzzle, no matter what the breed, I would fear it more.

and

Teach you dog to "down" when ever you ask it to. (Layig down is a submissive behaviour. -Do not use treats as rewards. Put a choke chain on your dog, firmly say "Down!" only once, if the dog doesn't respond grab the choke chain and hall him down
that IS too harsh, they may be more naturally dominant dogs but you can't haul a dog around because it is confused.

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
I agree. I would fear a dog in a muzzle more, no matter what breed too.

A lot of Pit Bulls are aggresive because the owner trains them to be, it is not the dogs fault. Some Pit Bull owners fight the dogs illegally, the dog has no choice, if it wasn't breed, and treated this way, it could be a families loving pet and, protecter.
Just b/c a dog is dog-aggressive, doesn't mean it will be people-aggressive.

Thinking of declawing your cat? STOP!!!!! THATS CRUEL! You need "Soft Claws" the HUMANE alternitive to destructive clawing. They are nail caps you glue on the cats claws, with them they cant rip or hurt anything they scratch. The caps fall off after 2 weeks, and they are reuseable, also they come in a variety of fun colors, it looks like their nails are painted! Cute!
What's the big deal about declawing cats? If they are house cats, then they don't go outside. We have ours done :rolleyes:

Make sure you get a GOOD quality pet food. Most TV advertised food is good.
I don't think so! They advertise all kinds of yucky foods.

If you have a house cat you need a litter box. Make sure it's big enough, and deep enough for your cat to dig, and burry its waste. *I recommend a litter box with a top, its easier to carry, it gives the cat more privacy, and you won't have kicked out litter all over the floor!
I recommend one of the self cleaning ones LOL :D

Declawing- Many people my not realize this, but delcawing your cat is very cruel. It is not just the removeal of the claws, but actually an amputaion of all your cats first joints in its paws. The cat suffers from a painful recovery period, plus life long back pains due to having to stand on a different angle.
Our cats never had any problems.....and they are OLD now. THey are 100% healthy and without pains. I don't really agree with that.

If declawing cats is cruel, then so is dog tail docking and ear cropping.

Last edited:
S

stirder

it is cruel if it is done as an adult, declawing, tail docking, ear cropping etc. do it when they are very young and its fine. my wifes cat still has his claws because he had them when we adopted him, he was 2-3 years old. they now do it with lasers and the recovery time is 75% faster, atleast according to my vet. but she said at his age he would be in a lot of pain and not forget about it. babies, wether cat, dog or human or other, are born with a lot more soft cartilage in their joints. as they age much of that cartilage becomes harder bone. as a 4 year old cat, Jack would havea lot of pain, or a lot more than a kitten would have.

poeluvr

this sit no offense has some good info, but a lot it seems like opinionated

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
The cruelty of declawing isn't an opinion, it is considered a forum of animal cruelty, it is unnesesary (sorry for spelling). You should really research the topic more. It is banned in some countrys already, I really hope it stops worldwide.

Is your furniature really more important then your cat?

And about the muzzle, it is true the people will ususally fear dogs will muzzles, but it is for the safety of people and their pets. I have heard many stories of dogs, lounging at other animals, and injuring or killing them.

Members online

No members online now.